Lufthansa termination of destinations

Old Jul 5, 19, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Lufthansa termination of destinations

Hallo!

My name is Lucas. In case you don't know me, I'm the person who caused a huge ruckus in the Qantas forum of this website (sorry). Now I've moved on from those incidents. This thread will be about the German carrier Lufthansa and their network of terminated destinations.

Now, most of the reasons why Lufthansa terminated particular destinations was because of the following reasons:

A. They didn't need to fly there.
B. They could use the aircraft somewhere else.
C. Not viable enough to become a destination.
D. Not an alliance hub (Keep in mind, alliances have little-to-no reason about termination of some destinations.)
E. They can codeshare with other airlines.

So, without further ado, here's task number one! (see below)

Lufthansa serves Algiers, the capital of Algeria. They also used to serve Constantine. I have searched the net for weeks and have found no trace of Lufthansa aircraft in Constantine. Can anybody help or give feedback on my question asked? It would be appreciated!
Old Jul 6, 19, 1:53 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by lucas.zhu View Post
Hallo!

My name is Lucas. In case you don't know me, I'm the person who caused a huge ruckus in the Qantas forum of this website (sorry). Now I've moved on from those incidents. This thread will be about the German carrier Lufthansa and their network of terminated destinations.

Now, most of the reasons why Lufthansa terminated particular destinations was because of the following reasons:

A. They didn't need to fly there.
B. They could use the aircraft somewhere else.
C. Not viable enough to become a destination.
D. Not an alliance hub (Keep in mind, alliances have little-to-no reason about termination of some destinations.)
E. They can codeshare with other airlines.

So, without further ado, here's task number one! (see below)

Lufthansa serves Algiers, the capital of Algeria. They also used to serve Constantine. I have searched the net for weeks and have found no trace of Lufthansa aircraft in Constantine. Can anybody help or give feedback on my question asked? It would be appreciated!
Most likely not.

As the only question you asked is:
”Can anybody help or give feedback on my question asked?”

Trolling?
curt, lhrpete and mmff like this.
Old Jul 6, 19, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Smile

Oops, sorry worldclubber, I meant to ask, "Why did LH terminate Constantine?" And no, I am not trying to troll FlyerTalk. I am just a kind normal avgeek, who just wants to know some info on why Lufthansa terminated some destinations.

From
lucas.zhu

P.S. If you know some history into the destination (e.g. when did it start, what flight number, what aircraft used, etc.) add that on too. It would be appreciated.
Old Jul 13, 19, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Anyone? Does anyone know why Constantine was terminated LH, as well as the aircraft that was used on the former route please?
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
I recall seeing Constantine as a destination back in the 90s when Lufthansa still printed those hefty orange timetable booklets (I used to collect them!). I was a kid back then so don't remember much but can only assume the equipment was B737 a couple of days a week maybe. Not even sure tbh if it was a direct flight or via another destination e.g. ALG. If I find one then I'll look it up for you
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by mywaterbroke View Post
back in the 90s when Lufthansa still printed those hefty orange timetable booklets (I used to collect them!)
Good-old-days! And here's a fellow collector (the last one I got was from Katowice airport, Lufthansa office, it was probably 2006 and I was supposed to fly Katowice-Frankfurt-Manchester but got stuck because of snow)

G
mywaterbroke likes this.
Old Jul 15, 19, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
Good-old-days! And here's a fellow collector (the last one I got was from Katowice airport, Lufthansa office, it was probably 2006 and I was supposed to fly Katowice-Frankfurt-Manchester but got stuck because of snow)

G
Jesus.... 2006! was still at school trying to light the gas from the taps in the chemistry labs...

How old are you? 😛😛😛

But I had already been to Polska, on the obligatory Auschwitz trip.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: