Wiki Posts
Search

LOT: Regulation (EC) No 2111/2005 Change of Operating Carrier

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LOT: Regulation (EC) No 2111/2005 Change of Operating Carrier

Having read the Regulation tonight, I cannot see where the passenger has the right to ask for re-routing if the operating carrier has changed from what the pax has been told at the time of booking, unless the new carrier is on a ban list.

Can anyone point me in the direction to the specific right to change the operating carrier EXCEPT for a basis under national law for contract performance?

All I can see that you need to be informed before check-in on the change of operating carrier.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The regulation doesn't require the marketing carrier to offer an alternative. However the carriers usually offer a rebooking if you don't like the new operating carrier.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am seeing a sub on LCA for some Greek outfit on a clapped out 734. After having such a fight to get back my hotel for a canx TLL flight I don't have much faith they will be so willing to do a Star invol reroute.

Do you think LOT would rebook to LH/OS/LX(WK)? Are LH easily rebooking pax who are subbed for XG?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
I am seeing a sub on LCA for some Greek outfit on a clapped out 734. for XG?
Where’s you sense of adventure ?
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by chris63

Where’s you sense of adventure ?
Indeed. Plus at least he's gonna get some food on-board, which is something not to take for granted this day & age, even when flying business class

G
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I once got a claptrap former malay B733 on Jettime instead of KF/Blue1 in 2012. That was an adventure.
hugolover and chris63 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Indeed. Plus at least he's gonna get some food on-board, which is something not to take for granted this day & age, even when flying business class

G
Food onboard LOT Y?

Oh, you mean if Comrade Chairman OH would send me back some of Basia’s premium leftover offerings to me peering through the curtain from proletariat class?
N1003U likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I once got a claptrap former malay B733 on Jettime instead of KF/Blue1 in 2012. That was an adventure.
Life is for living
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Basia is saying get stuffed. And not the stuffing that I am used to with Basia when she utters those words to me.

I don't see how to proceed unless to sue. I bought them through the UK site, so it should be okay to show jurisdiction despite it being KRK-WAW-LCA.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Having read the Regulation tonight, I cannot see where the passenger has the right to ask for re-routing if the operating carrier has changed from what the pax has been told at the time of booking, unless the new carrier is on a ban list.
A change of the operating carrier constitutes a cancellation. Thus, this triggers article 8 -> choice between full refund, free reroute at the earliest opportunity, or free reroute at another later date;
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I knew it would happen, hence my thread and it has. Now a GetJet A319. Refusing to rebook me.

"It's still LOT...its only got the pilots from other company" he says. I laughed out loud.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Flight is overbooked...Helga here I come. Plus 400 EUR...
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I knew it would happen, hence my thread and it has. Now a GetJet A319. Refusing to rebook me.
Can you prove that LOT has refused the rebooking ->
Then make the rebooking yourself and sue LOT for these costs!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That’s for the birds now.

They have rebooked me to Helga as the flight is very much oversold. My ticket is even endorsed that way.

I see Helga is oversold in C. Someone is getting downgraded tomorrow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.