Easily find F mileage ticket

Old Jul 1, 19, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, LH SEN
Easily find F mileage ticket

Other than the M&M site and Senator hotline, is there an easier way to find availability in F?
Trying to get my mother, last-minute from MUN, FRA or ZRH to any NYC airport next week
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:46 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr View Post
Other than the M&M site and Senator hotline, is there an easier way to find availability in F?
Trying to get my mother, last-minute from MUN, FRA or ZRH to any NYC airport next week

This is funny. I got two tickets in F for a week and a half from now last week to NYC. Didn't have any trouble finding availability, although flexibility was key (as per usual).

I called the SEN line to book it. Agent was super helpful.
Old Jul 1, 19, 1:39 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Call in, only way to go given the state of M&M IT & be prepared to call in again if you donít get a competent agent first time or fifth time
Old Jul 1, 19, 2:00 pm

Can she fly this week? I see availability in O:
LH410 MUC-JFK on the 4th
LH404 FRA-JFK on the 5th

Also, as an alternative on the 5th
LH422 FRA-BOS on the 4th
LH422 FRA-BOS on the 5th

There are also some I awards on the 5th, e.g.

LH 412 MUC-EWR
LH 410 MUC-JFK

But next week looks bad. (But I'm only checking as *G from a different FFP...). SEN availability might be different.

EDIT:// Actually, just saw STR-NYC in business on the 10th by accident. She could go from STR with OS 180 and connect then to OS89 in VIE.
Old Jul 1, 19, 3:53 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
Can she fly this week? I see availability in O:
LH410 MUC-JFK on the 4th
LH404 FRA-JFK on the 5th

Also, as an alternative on the 5th
LH422 FRA-BOS on the 4th
LH422 FRA-BOS on the 5th

There are also some I awards on the 5th, e.g.

LH 412 MUC-EWR
LH 410 MUC-JFK

But next week looks bad. (But I'm only checking as *G from a different FFP...). SEN availability might be different.

EDIT:// Actually, just saw STR-NYC in business on the 10th by accident. She could go from STR with OS 180 and connect then to OS89 in VIE.
the OP asked for F

that wonít work on OS...
Old Jul 1, 19, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller View Post

the OP asked for F

that wonít work on OS...
thatís why I said ĎIn businessí if F options are rare, next best thing is to look for J, no?
Kleffen likes this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 5:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
From FRA F awards are available on 9th and 10th and from MUC on 9th searching as a SEN.
Old Jul 2, 19, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks all! Followed up with Swiss Senator hotline and found 12th in the morning in F from ZRH.
Unfortunately only 11+12th were options, as I have to join her (which was a surprise, that I had to be in the same class as well that flight).
Old Jul 2, 19, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Triggers another question: currently I have my J ticket upgraded to F with miles (to ensure I'm in the same cabin).
Ideally I would have done a bid upgrade with LX for this, but thought about that just now.

Could I buy another (refundable) ticket on my own name again, to see if bidding is open, make a bid and see if I get it?
In case I get it, can cancel the mile upgrade to F and get the needed status miles...
Old Jul 2, 19, 12:43 pm

Could I buy another (refundable) ticket on my own name again, to see if bidding is open, make a bid and see if I get it?
In case I get it, can cancel the mile upgrade to F and get the needed status miles...
no, the duplicate check will trigger and cancel one or the other ticket.

//Edit: just read again... the duplicate check will not kick in right after booking the ticket but in a batch schedule. So if you beat that in time... it might work.
Old Jul 2, 19, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy View Post

no, the duplicate check will trigger and cancel one or the other ticket.

//Edit: just read again... the duplicate check will not kick in right after booking the ticket but in a batch schedule. So if you beat that in time... it might work.
Thanks Fassy, might give this still a try next week. Other ideas welcome to move from miles to cash upgrade :-)

Search this Thread