New catering concept trial in Domestic DE lounges

Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mr Osama sold it to them? And what about Seminarius- is that the same firm?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:56 pm

Sounds like a Deutsche Bahn lounge where you get a slice of bread served by a waiter.

Obviously due to popular demand by SENs who traditionally have been emptying the buffet by sneakily shoveling incredible amount of foods onto their plates (or even into tupperware) and are now desperate to eat clean and go on a loss-weight regime.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by vfw614
Sounds like a Deutsche Bahn lounge where you get a slice of bread served by a waiter.

Obviously due to popular demand by SENs who traditionally have been emptying the buffet by sneakily shoveling incredible amount of foods onto their plates (or even into tupperware) and are now desperate to eat clean and go on a loss-weight regime.
this I have actually seen and could not believe my eyes.... I also saw some guys taking out drinks in their backpacks... but what I have observed it is connected to certain nationalities that have less shame
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
what I have observed it is connected to certain nationalities that have less shame
With all due respect but I think it would be rather simplistic (and possibly unappropriate) to put it all down to 'nationality': amongst the very first things that travel taught me is that rude and shameless people are found in any race/culture and indeed nationality, that's the way they operate and that is regardless of their passports.

G
chris63 and 8420PR like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
TBH I like the service concept of the DB F lounges. Someone comes to you and asks what you would like to have and serves it. Its the same industrial food purchased at a local Metro but the one or two employees running around make a distinct difference.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
With all due respect but I think it would be rather simplistic (and possibly unappropriate) to put it all down to 'nationality': amongst the very first things that travel taught me is that rude and shameless people are found in any race/culture and indeed nationality, that's the way they operate and that is regardless of their passports.

G
You are absolutely right and I put it the wrong way ^
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by vfw614

Well, if they want to have domestic flights replaced by German rail, go ahead.

I have seen people pocketing food and drink, but more at the larger international hubs and never at small stations such as NUE.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
TBH I like the service concept of the DB F lounges. Someone comes to you and asks what you would like to have and serves it. Its the same industrial food purchased at a local Metro but the one or two employees running around make a distinct difference.
Table service is nice, but I often only have a few minutes to grab a little something and appreciate a self-serve offer, as it is much quicker. Still don't mind employees running around serving food and champagne, uhm sparkling wine.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:01 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
I was at TXL SEN lounge last Sunday and this concept did not start. The food choices were not great anyway. Not sure such a concept can work easily.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I was at TXL SEN lounge last Sunday and this concept did not start. The food choices were not great anyway. Not sure such a concept can work easily.
It's only in NUE for now.

The English lounge attendant who shall not be named for GDPR reasons told me they haven't had sausages for over a year. All I wanted was sausages. Like the Dr in Fawlty Towers sketch.

Sausages.

"Bratwurst sind in NUE verboten" sagt Helga.
lhrpete, chris63 and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
The English lounge attendant who shall not be named for GDPR reasons
Given that you've been mentioning her for quite some time now (and I know she was kind and all that), was she fit?

()

G
chris63 and Lewis42 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Sausages.
That's my main gripe with the change last fall: they used to have Nuremberg style bratwurst sausages, which Nuremberg ist famous for, day in day out for years. And then they disappeared over night and never returned.

Food is one of the things you just don't want to homogenise, as people love regional specialities. Couscous salad and sandwich may be OK food, but it is just so not Nuremberg.

Won't comment publically on the lounge attendant ...
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Given that you've been mentioning her for quite some time now (and I know she was kind and all that), was she fit?

()

G
If by "fit" you mean her health for a woman of her maturity, yes.

Hopefully when my Dear Darling Mother is at her time of life she will be as healthy...
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
That's my main gripe with the change last fall: they used to have Nuremberg style bratwurst sausages, which Nuremberg ist famous for, day in day out for years. And then they disappeared over night and never returned.

Food is one of the things you just don't want to homogenise, as people love regional specialities. Couscous salad and sandwich may be OK food, but it is just so not Nuremberg.

Won't comment publically on the lounge attendant ...
NUE without Sausages, is like EDI without Scotch

Heavens, they even have Sausages at the MAN Aspire lounge

And you last point, come on ?
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by chris63
NUE without Sausages, is like EDI without Scotch

Heavens, they even have Sausages at the MAN Aspire lounge
It is unbelievable, as there is a whole section of the duty free shop that focuses on the two things Nuremberg is famous for: sausages and Lebkuchen. And the lounge next door serves couscous salad and open ham sandwich. It boggles my mind ...
chris63 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.