Search

Change to "Throne" seat on OS when starting journey on UA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GOLD (1MM)
Change to "Throne" seat on OS when starting journey on UA

Hi Experts -

So, I know it's possible to check in for an OS flight at the 47 hour mark (approximately), and if "Throne" seats are still open they can be selected at no additional charge. My question is how to do this when the first leg of the journey is on a United operated flight, so check in must be done on UA? Is there a secret workaround? Do I maybe call OS and see if they can switch? Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
I have not had this situation, but I assume that you will have the seat map for the OS Flight also in the UA app at 47 hours prior departure. If not, I would try the OS app at that time.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
I have not had this situation, but I assume that you will have the seat map for the OS Flight also in the UA app at 47 hours prior departure. If not, I would try the OS app at that time.
The OS seat map is not going to come up on the UA app.

Once checked in on UA the OP might be able to see it on the OS app, but it will be YMMV. Is it an OS or a UA coded flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.