New paid option for LHCC: additional 1 mile per Euro

Old Jun 26, 19, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+ = *gold, MarriWood Titanium + Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
New paid option for LHCC: additional 1 mile per Euro

Just received an email about new "Upgrades" for the German DKB MM Credit Card
- one of them is "earn 1 additional mile for each Euro spend on top of what you earn anyway", with the catch that you have to choose where they cap the offer and pay accordingly.
To me it seems like either almost to good to be true, OR WITH A NASTY CATCH in the fineprint.

You have different options, e.g.max. 6000 additional miles (+1 for each EUR spend) for 9 EUR/month
…max. 60.000 additional miles (+1 for each EUR spend) for 60 EUR/month
now here's the thing that worries me: After reading the fineprint the phrases used seem to indicate - at least in my humble oppinion - that the mileage amount is in fact the cap for a YEAR and you have to pay/book it for 12 months before being able to cancel, but the price is qouted monthly: https://www.miles-and-more-kreditkarte.com/businesskunden/
(only found a German Version so far, scroll down to "Zusatzpakete").
From the Terms and conditions, page 66, 2.1: " definierten Obergrenze pro Vertragsjahr. Wird die Obergrenze erreicht, werden keine zusätzlichen Prämienmeilen mehr gutgeschrieben und der Teilnehmer erhält wieder die allgemeine Meilengutschrift gemäß Ziffer 9 der Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen ... Die jeweiligen Obergrenzen und Preise sind in den jeweiligen Angeboten definiert"
page 68:"Monatliches Entgelt für Zusatzpakete Miles Plus 6.000 8,90 EUR

Miles Plus 60.000 59,90 EUR

So they mention a YEARLY cap but a MONTHLY fee…

and the short description on the Website adds a "p.a." which to me seems like Latin for "yearly":
-------------------------
https://www.miles-and-more-kreditkarte.com/privatkunden/zusatzpakete/#milesplus

Miles Plus mit bis zu 6.000 Meilen p. a.
Zahlen Sie mit Ihrer Miles & More Kreditkarte und sichern Sie sich für jeden Euro Umsatz eine weitere Prämienmeile. Gilt für bis zu 6.000 zusätzliche Meilen p. a.
----------------------------------
In other words: at first glane it seems like "6.000 additional miles each month for 6.000 EUR spend and an additional fee of 9 Euro",
while at second glance it seems like
"pay 100 Euro each year to receive 500 (Five hundred) additional miles a month"

So only the last options seems ok:
Pay 720 Euros/year to receive 60.000 additional miles IF you also have a spend of at least 60.000 Euros during that year.
Am I the only one who reads it that way, or is it really phrased that deceivingly with the Monthly spend for a mentioned yearly cap?
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:02 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by zap7 View Post
So only the last options seems ok:
Pay 720 Euros/year to receive 60.000 additional miles IF you also have a spend of at least 60.000 Euros during that year.
Am I the only one who reads it that way, or is it really phrased that deceivingly with the Monthly spend for a mentioned yearly cap?
First of all: I don't find the offer "deceiving". The language is pretty clear to me: Spend 60k EUR a year, pay 720 EUR = 60k miles on top.
I simply find the offer not super attractive. The ratio is even worse than the latest FAZ & Welt subscriptions.

Search this Thread