FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH has chosen wrong one to downgrade :) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1975673-lh-has-chosen-wrong-one-downgrade.html)

Mbcan Jun 26, 2019 4:14 am

LH has chosen wrong one to downgrade :)

AlicorporateUK Jun 26, 2019 4:32 am

[I have heard of the chap but merely because I often watch sports here in Bosnia and basketball is a big thing in nearby countries (see Serbia, for instance), I however doubt many here would have a clue to be honest ;) Perhaps Cristiano Ronaldo (and I can think of many other slightly more popular characters) would have been a far bigger 'case' to handle for LH's social media, but then he travels with his private jet so no downgrade issues :D]

;)

G

chris63 Jun 26, 2019 6:38 am

Very smart of LH to downgrade a Family including a member who has a following :D

hugolover Jun 26, 2019 7:57 am

Something else to build in to Altea? If the pax can create a sh** storm for LH on Twitter!

Will the new “customer focussed” MOL build that into his proprietary FR system before Helga?

But seriously, who says they are on expensive tickets? They could be on cheaPy’s and Helga decided it was better to pay them (let them fight for) EU compo.

I know for a fact that the Beckham’s routinely travel on sale fares bought months in advance. LHR-MIA for £2k.

Often1 Jun 26, 2019 8:12 am

So, the thesis is that LH ought to downgrade people who don't have a following and favor the self-important whiners?

htb Jun 26, 2019 8:13 am

Interesting. China censorship simply removed the link to Twitter in OP's post. It showed a blank post until I pressed "reply", where the link was then shown as non-clickable test in the quote.
HTB.

chris63 Jun 26, 2019 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 31241489)
So, the thesis is that LH ought to downgrade people who don't have a following and favor the self-important whiners?

LH shouldn’t be downgrading anyone ! They ought to be working with pax to see if a suitable alternative is available to pax....

LH fully deserve bad publicity when they screw up, as in this case.

Gig103 Jun 26, 2019 8:29 am

Shouldn't it be 75% of the base fare for his leg?

AlicorporateUK Jun 26, 2019 8:35 am

[OT] Some of the comments 'under' that tweet do nothing but cement my total allergy towards Twitter/Facebook and the dullness (doing my utmost best to remain polite here) gravitating around them... [/OT]

G

chris63 Jun 26, 2019 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Gig103 (Post 31241546)
Shouldn't it be 75% of the base fare for his leg?

Should be for the entire ticket but yes, getting even 75% of the flight segment won’t be a stroll in the park :rolleyes:

MSPeconomist Jun 26, 2019 9:55 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31241833)

Should be for the entire ticket but yes, getting even 75% of the flight segment won’t be a stroll in the park :rolleyes:

NO, fare (not including taxes) attributable to the segment that was downgraded, assuming correct reservation/ticket, appeared on time, etc.

chris63 Jun 26, 2019 9:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31241840)
NO, fare (not including taxes) attributable to the segment that was downgraded, assuming correct reservation/ticket, appeared on time, etc.

Depends on the interpretation of the regulation

DallaStarwooDelta Jun 26, 2019 10:02 am

Looks like the MFFL's are not happy how our Rookie of the Year was treated.....wonder if the DFW-FRA flight will see fewer tickets purchased going forward! (sarcasm)

Cyba Jun 26, 2019 10:13 am

Whether we like the age of social media, or not, downgrading someone with 438,000 followers on Twitter is a stupid mistake.

As for compensation, do we know where he was heading? Maybe EU rules don't apply to him?

fassy Jun 26, 2019 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Cyba (Post 31241923)
Whether we like the age of social media, or not, downgrading someone with 438,000 followers on Twitter is a stupid mistake.

And how should LH know who has how many followers or about the perceived importance of those internet personas? Maybe in the good old days they could have a list of VIPs to treat differently but since the youtube, facebook and twitter days everybody could be a net-personality with dozens of thousands of followers. Even for Sports, Media, Poltics etc the sheer number of people who think they are special and famous became massive nowadays.

And from my personal experience some of those are nasty whiny self-centered DYKWIA brats with bad manners and even worse tamper. For those, you can do right, no matter what you do. (not saying this is applicable for this case)

Originally Posted by Cyba (Post 31241923)
As for compensation, do we know where he was heading? Maybe EU rules don't apply to him?

LH is an European Airline, so doesn't matter where they go, EU rules apply.