Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 M&M Status requalification race

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:40 am

Except that Bronze members don't have lounge access, but I can somewhat see the BAEC Silver = Star Alliance Gold's argument there: fast-track at security (very handy in certain airports, especially those 'leaning' towards leisure), priority boarding, lounge access... Also, 50 flights to achieve it (BA Silver) for people like myself travelling a hell of a lot within Europe is virtually a walk in the park. Possibly the only thing [of any future business with BA] I wouldn't be looking forward to is the transfer at LHR, being 'pampered' as in 'used to' the breeze of going through MUC (P.S.: the other day my usual 1731 from SJJ, significantly delayed, arrived at the far end of I and, still, I was able to clear security, head to H and get a pretzel+beer at the lounge whilst my next flight was already showing as boarding... Only at MUC! ).

G
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
... being 'pampered' as in 'used to' the breeze of going through MUC (P.S.: the other day my usual 1731 from SJJ, significantly delayed, arrived at the far end of I and, still, I was able to clear security, head to H and get a pretzel+beer at the lounge whilst my next flight was already showing as boarding... Only at MUC! ).
G
MUC is a real asset.

Had a similar situation last week and made it, even got my own bus waiting for me:

AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)

Total 79 legs YTD
3 legs in paid Y+, rest in paid Y. 2 successfull long haul upgrades to C, 3 unsuccessfull upgrades to C
Should be done for the next couple of years by tonight :-)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by cas_de
Dead year, 15k status miles so far, all within Europe (not too much travel, because of both personal and work reasons), plus 6 segments on BA so far. Thank god I did the TLL run on 12/30 last year.
Dead year also for me, around 5000 status miles and little over 2000 award miles

Burnt some M&M miles on SQ long haul with Mrs m4l, could not take advantage of the companion award but the very low taxes on SQ compensated it.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
As defenders of BAEC will be quick to point out, their bronze is the equivalent to FTL and silver is equivalent to *G . My gripe with BA silver was that even though its pretty tough to achieve all you get is a nice letter and a card (plus some luggage tags). And you get to use OW lounges if flying OW in eco.
I do very few short haul flights on BA and all of my long haul is business class. I like to maintain silver to get seat selection for free but other than that there isn't any other particularly noticeable benefit from BA silver when flying in business class. I just need one more long haul trip on BA to get silver (I can get it in two long haul trips so not that difficult with my current travel pattern).
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Requalified a couple of months ago, so I guess the majority of this year is a ‘dead year’ for me lol... although unfortunately that doesn’t mean the travel stops. I’ll easily hit 800K with current bookings. Anything else I think I’ll funnel to QF or SQ.

chris63, worldclubber and Vixit like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager

Finally got it And few minutes later find an digital HON Circle card in Apple Wallet
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I'm so close. My HON qualifying flights are next week.

Any luck accessing the FCL immediately after a qualifying flight even if the miles haven't posted yet?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
I did not succeed in FRA FCL A.
Even with same day arrival LX Swiss ticket as my next flight was with another ticket.
Few days before in MUC FCL they told that of course it si possible for them to check in system, but in FRA FCL A I did not succed. As there was onoy 20 minutees to boarding, I did not discuss with them longer.

But I wish you good luck and recommend to take with you printout of the mielage account and also the information how much you did receivve with your last fligth.

I hope we will enjoy the HON membership
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:48 am

Damn. When I land I'll be at 596,702 miles, and that flight I'll have landed from will net me another 6,700 miles. I'll be connecting to a flight to London, which will net me another 2,500 miles, so I'll easily make it. Just a matter of posting.

I think London leaves from B and my flight will arrive to B, so I'll have to convince FCL B.

I do have a FCL voucher, but was going to use that on the outbound. Maybe I can chat with them on my way out.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Raul_R

Finally got it And few minutes later find an digital HON Circle card in Apple Wallet
Congratulations & welcome to the Club !
Raul_R likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
Damn. When I land I'll be at 596,702 miles, and that flight I'll have landed from will net me another 6,700 miles. I'll be connecting to a flight to London, which will net me another 2,500 miles, so I'll easily make it. Just a matter of posting.
I've mentioned this before, but when I made SEN It was on a red eye TATL and when I arrived in FRA the miles had already posted, so I went to the business lounge and printed my new miles balance at the machine and then went to the SEN lounge. Nowadays with the app it might even be more convenient, but it could be worth a shot.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by malmostoso
I've mentioned this before, but when I made SEN It was on a red eye TATL and when I arrived in FRA the miles had already posted, so I went to the business lounge and printed my new miles balance at the machine and then went to the SEN lounge. Nowadays with the app it might even be more convenient, but it could be worth a shot.
Back in the days when I made my SEN in 2012, the miles had posted already in flight after midnight CET time (l still remember it was Aug 24th with LH 506 :-)). Before there was a different system I believe and it posted immidiately the next day (at midnight).

Today it is not the case anymoire, and for me it takes 48h or so.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by sophialite

I think London leaves from B and my flight will arrive to B, so I'll have to convince FCL B.

I do have a FCL voucher, but was going to use that on the outbound. Maybe I can chat with them on my way out.
They can check it in the system, and as from what I am concerned or hear from colleagues, LH is very customer oriented in that case (this applies to SEN & C lounges and I do not know how strict they are with F, but it would be extremely stupid from them not to let you in )
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:12 am

Thanks. For what it's worth, my LH flights tend to post very quickly (but not as of stepping foot off of plane). LX tends to take at least a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.