2019 M&M Status requalification race

Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR

Of course, it is more comfortable in F than C. But as a C HON I’m still mindful of all those pax in Y... and an occasional opup certainly helps.

I am currently at 190K HON miles for the year, so about 30% of requal by end of next year.
Me also, Y pax have my deepest sympathy, especially longhaul

I’m only a smidge ahead of you on 208 k 😁
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: LH HON**
My travel is down by 50% vs last year, which in itself isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it obviously delays HON qualification more than I anticipated. No major travel plans for July, but two Swiss F bookings (PEK and JNB) will lead to HON in the second half of August.

Am contemplating asking M&M for LH or LX branding on the HON card, as I do virtually no travel on SN and my M&M membership was originally with LH, but since the moment LH became majority shareholder and I live in Belgium, all cards suddenly changed to Brussels Airlines...

Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by Vixit
My travel is down by 50% vs last year, which in itself isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it obviously delays HON qualification more than I anticipated. No major travel plans for July, but two Swiss F bookings (PEK and JNB) will lead to HON in the second half of August.

Am contemplating asking M&M for LH or LX branding on the HON card, as I do virtually no travel on SN and my M&M membership was originally with LH, but since the moment LH became majority shareholder and I live in Belgium, all cards suddenly changed to Brussels Airlines...

Your last year, must have been very busy ;-)
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Just renewed SEN this weekend. I’ve done it in just 3 months. My first flight was at the end of March (I’m ignoring my flight in February that got me 250 miles round trip).
Hoping for a summer without flying. And then I will need to do a BA trip to renew BA silver. Once that’s done I will stick with LH rather than going for BA Gold.
I’ve got no hope of getting HON though!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by tgj1974
Your last year, must have been very busy ;-)
Indeed - and expensive...
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by Vixit

out of curiosity, what does the award miles of 272,220M mean?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kleffen

out of curiosity, what does the award miles of 272,220M mean?
As award miles don’t reset by calendar year (luckily!) and you also earn award miles from other activities like credit cards, hotels, car rentals,... it is a metric entirely on its own compared to the others.

I’ve used award miles to book award tickets, roughly 270,000 award miles used for that purpose ytd. I’m spending quite a few miles for award travel with my family, two years ago the award miles balance was almost down to zero for that reason.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer

i do cca 350T miles in Y+ per year.... and only what I get from LH is 2 additional vouchers now 😂
That sounds horrible. Sorry.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
[PLEB] After ‘swiftly’ reconfirming [SK] EBG until August 2020, I am now crediting to M&M in order to extend my FTL status for another couple of years however, due to recent travel policy changes, it will be a ‘segment job’ due to the following misery I am now having to face on a weekly basis [/Pleb]

LOL

G
my pleb requal until 2022 done, 30 segments as of last Friday. ~8.5k status miles for that effort
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
my pleb requal until 2022 done, 30 segments as of last Friday
Ha, it's so heartening to have another member in the pleb-club

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
~8.5k status miles for that effort
My current effort of 24 segments is worth 8260 status miles, so we're more-or-less on the same boat With roughly 90 flights to go up to the Christmas break, hope is that BA will expand in the Balkans and launch a Sarajevo service, which would get me to Silver chop-chop (just to not get bored, you know ).

G
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Just discovered this thread and want to make my contribution, too.

Requalified for SEN early in May, until Feb. 2023.
So far in 2019, a bit more than 130,000 status miles.

Status miles mainly generated via F travel to Australia and the United States, plus a long-haul C ticket to East Asia and some short haul in P and domestic in Y. All business-related travel plus a bit of leisure added on.

Coming up: some more travel in C on LH, including summer holiday in Canada with the whole family; and some non-*A flying to and in South America, which will help me collect enough miles to become Delta Platinum by status challenge.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
With roughly 90 flights to go up to the Christmas break, hope is that BA will expand in the Balkans and launch a Sarajevo service, which would get me to Silver chop-chop (just to not get bored, you know ).
Remember the grass is only greener on the other side because of the manure below. Made BA silver this February due to heavy QR flying last year. The benefits are rather spartan (or actually non existing).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Made BA silver this February due to heavy QR flying last year. The benefits are rather spartan (or actually non existing
That's interesting, even though I'm unable to comment for obvious reasons (i.e. I'm not Silver with BA). I think, though, that lounge access outside of LHR would be classed as a great perk as opposed to LH's FTL?

Also and despite the grief that Miles & More normally gets, I still find FTL particularly useful due to my travel patterns and, as I've already said in previous circumstances, I would certainly not be losing my will to live if I had to lose my Gold status through SAS: I can use the business check-in's counter at Sarajevo (which is a plus, in absence of web check-in), weekly transfers at Munich with lounge access which for me means merely a tiny snack (the tuna/egg wraps were lovely last week) and a couple of beers (and the Business lounges are more than okay for that), other frequent departures from London-Heathrow (visits to head office) or Warsaw/Rome etc. would still grant me lounge access (and the new Star Alliance lounge in Rome is truly worth it!) meaning that, for the purpose of my travel (commuting, short/medium haul, 99% business related trips), I couldn't really ask for more. Last but not least, I find LH amongst the most (if not the most) realiable and consistent carriers around.

G
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:39 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
That's interesting, even though I'm unable to comment for obvious reasons (i.e. I'm not Silver with BA). I think, though, that lounge access outside of LHR would be classed as a great perk as opposed to LH's FTL?

Also and despite the grief that Miles & More normally gets, I still find FTL particularly useful due to my travel patterns and, as I've already said in previous circumstances, I would certainly not be losing my will to live if I had to lose my Gold status through SAS: I can use the business check-in's counter at Sarajevo (which is a plus, in absence of web check-in), weekly transfers at Munich with lounge access which for me means merely a tiny snack (the tuna/egg wraps were lovely last week) and a couple of beers (and the Business lounges are more than okay for that), other frequent departures from London-Heathrow (visits to head office) or Warsaw/Rome etc. would still grant me lounge access (and the new Star Alliance lounge in Rome is truly worth it!) meaning that, for the purpose of my travel (commuting, short/medium haul, 99% business related trips), I couldn't really ask for more. Last but not least, I find LH amongst the most (if not the most) realiable and consistent carriers around.

G
It's rare to see praise, indeed. But despite all the issues we have with LH I can agree on the consistency of the product. While I am not super excited about the way things are, they could be much worse... and you don't have to look far (EW)...

But not to stay OT:
Dead year, 15k status miles so far, all within Europe (not too much travel, because of both personal and work reasons), plus 6 segments on BA so far. Thank god I did the TLL run on 12/30 last year.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
As defenders of BAEC will be quick to point out, their bronze is the equivalent to FTL and silver is equivalent to *G . My gripe with BA silver was that even though its pretty tough to achieve all you get is a nice letter and a card (plus some luggage tags). And you get to use OW lounges if flying OW in eco.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.