Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 M&M Status requalification race

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Red face 2019 M&M Status requalification race

In the time honored pratice of past threads, its time to post again.

2018 Status requalification race
2017 M&M Status Requalification Race
2016 M&M Status Requalification Race
2015 M&M Status Requalification Race

As the end of Q2 approaches I'm roughly at the halfway mark:

This was done with:
- private Air India return to India in March for ~1900€ in J/Z: 16k
- work SAS trip to the US in April for 3200€ in Z: 17k
- work TAP trip to Canada in Z for 3300€: 18k

and various intra Europe trips on work and privately.

Next up:
- private LH trip to the US in August for 2300€ in P: 10.5k
- private LH M fare from ARN to India in September for ~600€: ~4.5k
- private LH E fare India-Germany(stop)-US-(stop)-Germany (stop)-India for ~2000€ in September/November/December: ~34k

So it looks like the cost of SEN remains steady at about 12k € spend for me in the past 7-10 years.
chris63, more4less, N1003U and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum

Was looking like I'd make HON later this year. But a bunch of unanticipated trips popped up earlier in the year in F, which means that assuming I can secure my Nigerian visa and Yellow Fever card, I'll be making HON 6 months ahead of schedule. I also have the return leg of a trip in F to do today from Asia.

In general, travel patterns are F trips to West Coast and Africa, occasionally also India and Asia. That'll get you to HON very quickly it seems. But my schedule is unpredictable so I wasn't even fairly certain I'd make it this year until maybe April.

Last edited by sophialite; Jun 25, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
WOW! Sophialite - congrats in advance on your upcoming HON. That's A LOT of status miles right there :-)
I've been SEN since 2017 (no stars), requalified in 2018 and about to requalify again in 2019 (not that it matters - dead year and all). Currently standing at 90,058 status miles with one trip LON-CAI on LH coming up end of July in P (will get me to 96,472 status miles) and another also to CAI (in P) in September (which should comfortably get me to 102,886 miles). Possibly SIN and SYD later in the year with SQ in J and some short haul to ZRH, HAJ, MUC, STR and MAD in between.
Believe it or not, my September flight to CAI return in P from LHR cost only £499 all in (including FRA-CAI and CAI-FRA on the LH A330). That's just rock bottom cheap!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sophialite

Was looking like I'd make HON later this year. But a bunch of unanticipated trips popped up earlier in the year in F, which means that assuming I can secure my Nigerian visa and Yellow Fever card, I'll be making HON 6 months ahead of schedule. I also have the return leg of a trip in F to do today from Asia.

In general, travel patterns are F trips to West Coast and Africa, occasionally also India and Asia. That'll get you to HON very quickly it seems. But my schedule is unpredictable so I wasn't even fairly certain I'd make it this year until maybe April.
I suddenly feel very small. Like at one of those hotel bar conversations where people are discussing what credit cards they have and it turns out that people are arguing over Amex Centurion vs JPM Reserve when all I have is Co-op Visa.
N1003U likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:12 am

Thanks guys. I'm about an hour out of ZRH now, where I shall then promptly go to the Dolder, change into my night clothes, and collapse on my bed.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I suddenly feel very small. Like at one of those hotel bar conversations where people are discussing what credit cards they have and it turns out that people are arguing over Amex Centurion vs JPM Reserve when all I have is Co-op Visa.
Your not but you know that

It’s very hard now to get to HON of you don’t do a lot of international travel in J or F

Anyway, what’s wrong with Co-op Visa. ?
AlicorporateUK and yurtripper like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:20 pm

If I did this travel in J I wouldn't be close to HON. I would also be dead, or at least a zombie.
N1003U likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sophialite
If I did this travel in J I wouldn't be close to HON. I would also be dead, or at least a zombie.
Yes, HON qualification in LH J is not for the fainthearted ........

Not so long ago there were lots of HON’s doing it in Y ...... curriers etc, LH spoilt things big time for them, now if anyone deserved some benefits it was those road warriors doing 600 k in 2 years on LH group WhY
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by chris63

Not so long ago there were lots of HON’s doing it in Y ...... curriers etc, LH spoilt things big time for them, now if anyone deserved some benefits it was those road warriors doing 600 k in 2 years on LH group WhY
Of course, it is more comfortable in F than C. But as a C HON I’m still mindful of all those pax in Y... and an occasional opup certainly helps.

I am currently at 190K HON miles for the year, so about 30% of requal by end of next year.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Just curious, which job allows travel i F, maybe time for carrier change ;-)
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by tgj1974
I was thinking exactly the same — and there couldn’t be a better time for a career change after donkey’s years in pharma and, above all, after the latest ‘hostile’ amendments to the travel SOP

G
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:23 pm

[PLEB] After ‘swiftly’ reconfirming [SK] EBG until August 2020, I am now crediting to M&M in order to extend my FTL status for another couple of years however, due to recent travel policy changes, it will be a ‘segment job’ due to the following misery I am now having to face on a weekly basis [/Pleb]

Edit: current ‘segment job’s status as per below (I’m missing 2 from yesterday plus 2 from Monday but, given my 4-a-week’s pattern, I should be ‘done’ in less than 2 weeks’ time):

LOL

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jun 26, 2019 at 2:43 pm Reason: added extra paragraph.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by tgj1974
Just pure luck.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by chris63

i do cca 350T miles in Y+ per year.... and only what I get from LH is 2 additional vouchers now 😂
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer

i do cca 350T miles in Y+ per year.... and only what I get from LH is 2 additional vouchers now 😂
commiserations

LH discontinued generosity many Moons ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.