How to get 12k M&M miles?

Old Jun 21, 19, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
How to get 12k M&M miles?

I haven't been flying LH in a few years, and have exactly 100k miles, and 5k will start expiring in 1 week...

I would like to burn them by getting an AKL-SIN rtn in J on SQ, but that costs 112k (I know they recently went up, but I couldn't commit at the time). Clearly I'm 12k miles sorry we. Since M&M recently discontinued transfers from hotel programmes, is there any way I can quickly top up my balance workout having to fly somewhere on Star Alliance?
Old Jun 21, 19, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Can't you book a one-way to at least solve the imminent issue of the expiring miles?

As for the missing miles, LH are obviously doing everything they can to avoid any cash equivalence via partners. Can't think of much besides old-fashioned flying, car rentals and hotel stays.
Old Jun 21, 19, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Can't you book a one-way to at least solve the imminent issue of the expiring miles?
Activity does not stop miles from expiration, unfortunately. Only status or a credit card does.

OP, book a 100k award far in the future, earn the 12k you need, cancel the award. You will have until the end of the quarter to reuse all the miles (so make sure you cancel at the beginning of a quarter).
Old Jun 21, 19, 4:18 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Suggestion was not to fly but to book a one way instead of return. That would overcome - for now - the lack of sufficient miles for a round trip while using miles before they expire.
craigthemif and malmostoso like this.
Old Jun 21, 19, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
Activity does not stop miles from expiration, unfortunately. Only status or a credit card does.
I know, but only 5k are expiring so they need to be spent ASAP.
Old Jun 21, 19, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to just book a rtn flight and be done with it, having found a way to transfer the missing miles from somewhere else.

I guess I'll just book one leg for 56k and then deal with the remaining 44k at a later stage.