Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 5:51 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
https://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/un...a-1291468.html

https://ufo-online.aero/images/theme...14-10-2019.pdf

UFO announced a strike at both FRA and MUC on Sun, Oct 20 between 6 a.m. and 11 a.m. lcl time.
koriobg likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
I was just thinking how lucky I am with LH2515 arriving in MUC at 13:35... but realized that the incoming LH2514 flight departs MUC at 08:20.
So I suppose that means rebooking, right?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH has said they will challenge the announcement in court, stating that UFO no longer represents the majority of FAs. Also unlike strikes before they indicated that they will not cancel flights preemptively.
koriobg likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
At least you can rely on one thing with Lufthansa for the last few years, some of their Staff are wanting a strike.....
Grog likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:04 pm
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Well, that's fantastic. I have a flight on the 21st from GOT to FRA to connect to AC to YYZ, and another itinerary from YYZ to YFC. So hopefully I'll make my GOT to FRA flight or get rebooked on SAS. I swear every time I fly to Europe one of the major *A carriers decides to strike. I got caught up in the SAS strike previously as well.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:19 pm

I am on an international flight from the US to Frankfurt on Saturday/Sunday when the strike is set to start. The flight will be about 80% complete when the strike starts. What should I expect? Will the flight get cancelled in anticipation of the strike? Will the flight attendants just sit down at some point and perhaps we won't get breakfast service? My connection in Frankfurt is a long one, and my next leg is not scheduled to start until an hour or so after the set strike time is over. Would you expect that flight to go off on time or will everything be backed up from the day? Should I just skip that short leg and try to get a train instead? I am only going to Stuttgart.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The crew will not strike mid flight, the rule is that they will not report for duty at the base in that time window.

If your flight is impacted, you will be able to take the train and either use the segment of the ticket to get a train ticket or later get reimbursed for taking the train. Don't skip the flight if it is not cancelled.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:48 am

It seems LH has not gone to the courts yet and is mobilising additional crew to be on standby on Sunday morning to ensure that UFO doesn't cause trouble. This is an interesting read: https://www.ufo-online.aero/de/theme...tarbeiter.html
Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:33 am

LH just announced that it will raise wages by 2% instead of the demand of 1.8%. UFO then at first announced to expand the strike to EW/CL/4U/XG, only to withdraw the strike completely a few minutes ago.
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH just announced that it will raise wages by 2% instead of the demand of 1.8%. UFO then at first announced to expand the strike to EW/CL/4U/XG, only to withdraw the strike completely a few minutes ago.
Do you have a source? In English would be preferred but is it posted anywhere? I have friends currently in Italy due to fly Oct 20 through MUC who have just asked me for any updates.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
Do you have a source? In English would be preferred but is it posted anywhere? I have friends currently in Italy due to fly Oct 20 through MUC who have just asked me for any updates.
It is on UFO's website, LH strike is cancelled:

https://ufo-online.aero/de/themen/lh...-abgesagt.html

German media has already picked it up, others will follow. Strikes on Cityline, Eurowings, Germanwings and SunExpress are expected to go nationwide (if UFO has the power)
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:24 am

LH was hit a bit by the CLH strike today. UFO extended the EW/4U/CL/SXD strike till midnight today.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
My friends were able to fly into and out of MUC on LH today with no issues. Both flights were mid to late afternoon. Thanks for sharing the info - it was very helpful.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:59 am

It seems 4U still has a substantial UFO following. Fog in MUC yesterday morning also screwed with the performance.

Delays/Cancellations from Flightstats.com
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
I got caught up in this at TXL on Sunday, my EW LHR flight was cancelled 50 minutes before departure at the gate.

i need to send my duty of care hotel/food receipts in but does anyone know if this was an illegal strike or not as this will impact what EU compo i ask for? I was delayed 24 hours in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.