Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that might be more difficult if you plan to take action in Germany but should not be in England and Wales.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:09 pm

LH happily took me from BOS to MUC the night of Thursday November 7th but then couldn't get me to BUD on Friday November 8th. First they rerouted me to PRG, which was subsequently cancelled, then WAW, which was cancelled, and then at about 4pm said "you might get out tomorrow night but we can't promise anything." Since I absolutely had to be in BUD at 10am on Saturday and didn't feel like a 13 hour train ride with 2-3 changes I ended up taking the overnight Flixbus, arriving at 6am Saturday, 18 hours late and a lot the worse for wear.

I still need to apply for my reimbursements. I hear that they're trying to weasel out of EU261 compensation. And I never want to go to Munich again, ever.

The Danube River cruise was awesome, though.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
It appears as though we may have a reprieve from threatened strike action - at least during the festive season:

https://www.focus.de/regional/frankf..._11449547.html.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The mediation has failed. UFO insisted their former head (now PR consultant) is reinstated by LH.

https://www.ufo-online.aero/de/theme...ef-im-cra.html
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So that means we're looking at more monkey business during the coming weeks? My next batch of flights is on 4th January...
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

UFO has called a strike of all Germanwings cabin crew on December 30 till January 1.

https://www.ufo-online.aero/de/theme...rmanwings.html
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Germanwings? But not Eurowings? I have a couple of 4U operated segments (with EW numbers) coming up in early January.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:56 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
UFO has called a strike of all Germanwings cabin crew on December 30 till January 1.

https://www.ufo-online.aero/de/theme...rmanwings.html
Oh no not again...

Seriously! Does UFO do anything else BUT organize strikes?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art

Seriously! Does UFO do anything else BUT organize strikes?
Yes, they Fly around..... unidentified
ermis177, koriobg and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's very un German. The country has really changed in the 18 years or so I have known it. Between this and the catering problems it's a real pain.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Concerto
It's very un German. The country has really changed in the 18 years or so I have known it. Between this and the catering problems it's a real pain.
Agreed. This is becoming more and more like France ... and the strike nonsense there. Glad I booked my return on LX this year. Just now booking some F travel for January and I wonder if it is safe to book LH, sad.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by cfischer
Agreed. This is becoming more and more like France ... and the strike nonsense there. Glad I booked my return on LX this year. Just now booking some F travel for January and I wonder if it is safe to book LH, sad.
It is sad, and no its not safe if you want to avoid strikes & the catering debacle, I have had to book all the flights I can onto LX until these issues are resolved
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:28 am

They are back to mediation, no strikes till end of February. All FAs get a 1500 bonus in the next pay check, the second night as layover in JP &KR is back.

https://ufo-online.aero/de/themen/lh...gen-vorab.html
chris63, worldclubber and koriobg like this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
They are back to mediation, no strikes till end of February. All FAs get a 1500 bonus in the next pay check, the second night as layover in JP &KR is back

Good news. But then again, I moved all of my Feb flying to LX and have LH flights on Mar 2 and 3 ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.