Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you reckon they will be cancelled as well? I am baffled that with nearly the entire longhaul network canx they will run a full SH schedule?

I just don't want to get caught up in FRA tomorrow night and end up on the floor of the airport. I want to be rebooked now to LOT.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: LH M+M
LHnews just tweeted me that the changes are still loading and might need until 15:00 CET (german local) to come fully into effect.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: UA PG, IHG Diamond Amb
From Lufthansa news Twitter:

Special Flight Schedule effective: 2,300 of 3,000 (Nov 7th) and 2,400 of 3,000 (Nov 8th) LH Group flights will operate. Passengers can obtain current information on the status of their flights via https://t.co/6wON0PEK55 by entering their flight number. https://t.co/wy6VlmIGUa https://t.co/wLOJqPAqQr

Not sure if that means that all group flights except LH will operate, or that also most LH flights will operate.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
UFO has cancelled the date with Spohr this evening, so no talks. Classy.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
So if the Flight Status tool shows my flight (AMS-MUC, this friday) as 'okay' I can assume that will operate as normal?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: LH M+M
Originally Posted by Granite64
So if the Flight Status tool shows my flight (AMS-MUC, this friday) as 'okay' I can assume that will operate as normal?
As from their tweeting.. this still could change within the next hour (it's 1400 in germany right now).
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight Status tool has crashed for me.

Do they really have 700 longhaul flights? I am surprised they're that big.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LH has about 100 widebodies and about 20 A321 doing 'longhaul'. Not all flights are cancelled. e.g. LH412 to EWR is operating, as is LH636 to RUH. All A321 flights to AMM, TLV, etc are still on.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay. Any update to waiver for SAL rebooking?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by hugolover
Flight Status tool has crashed for me.

I have an error and a result at the same time!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:16 am

My flights on Friday, LH839 and LH1242, are still showing as "on time", and both even have a gate assignment in FRA (not that it means anything, I guess). Crossing fingers that we will be able to fly as scheduled!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM
Originally Posted by Andy49
I have an error and a result at the same time!
Entire website has crashed for me.... Looks like I was diverted to a really old style one that was maybe cached
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:25 am

Ouch!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by flynspill
Entire website has crashed for me.... Looks like I was diverted to a really old style one that was maybe cached
I am using this https://www.lufthansa.com/is/en/time...light-status#/
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM
Originally Posted by Andy49
not working currently for me.... lufthansa.com is totally down for me.... guess when you wait until the very last minute to accept your fate......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.