Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:44 pm

Called LH one hour ago. The say chance of a strike is 50-50. Listing my flight as OK means nothing
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: AC
Still nothing on what flights will be cancelled. They are still selling all the flights they might cancel later. How is that even legal.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
True, they do sell them, but the ones that I have checked availability was suddenly reduced to full fare booking classes (J, C, Y, etc)
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by canforce
Still nothing on what flights will be cancelled. They are still selling all the flights they might cancel later. How is that even legal.
Shouldn’t be legal in the EU for a company to continue to sell something it already knows it’s unlikely to be able to supply......

Tell’s you a lot about LH priorities & that’s clearly not the pax
hugolover and Raul_R like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by oliver2002
UFO only agreed to a meeting tomorrow. They took offense that verdi and the third union was also invited. Remember this fight is really about the survival of UFO.
So let's keep fingers crossed that after this _fight_ UFO will be in trash bin of history!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The hearing in court about the legality of the strike is at 9.30am today.

https://arbeitsgerichtsbarkeit.hesse...e-lufthansa-ag
Angekündigte Arbeitskampfmaßnahmen bei der Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Am Mittwoch, dem 6. November 2019, 9:30 Uhr, wird vor dem Arbeitsgericht Frankfurt am Main unter dem Aktenzeichen 15 Ga 146/19 ein Eilantrag der Deutsche Lufthansa AG gegen den Unabhängige Flugbegleiter Organisation e.V. auf Untersagung von Arbeitsniederlegungen verhandelt.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:19 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I'd be really surprised if the courts stop this strike. The right to hold strikes has been valued highly by the courts in the past. Not that I necessarily agree with that, but that's why we have legislative and judicial branches (besides the executive branch, of course).
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The new flight schedule for Thursday/Friday is supposed to be published tonight at 8pm CET and will be loaded into the system tonight by midnight.
Do we know what happened to this proposed schedule?

Does anyone know what cities are on this list of flights that are or are not operating? I keep getting told that I have to wait and that no other options are available right now.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:22 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that

Does anyone know what cities are on this list of flights that are or are not operating? I keep getting told that I have to wait and that no other options are available right now.
https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-information

We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called the hotline this morning. I only called once but the info I had was they hadn’t received a timeline as of yet.

I presume this is a lower Court? I would imagine UFO lawyers would appeal right away if they lose, just like LH would?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

They are waiting for the court decision, the plan is ready and seems to be available on the intranet. GDS and flights will be updated only when the decision is made.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM
This is a painful wait.... Check in is open for my flight tomorrow but I don't want to check in until they announce if they strike or not and if my flights will be affected. I suppose it's easier to make changes if you're not checked in yet.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:08 am

Not really, you can change flights even after checkin.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:33 am

The court just gave the go ahead for the strike: https://www.ffh.de/nachrichten/hesse...source=Twitter
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: Enrich Silver, Krisflyer
Removed due to duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.