FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1974896-ufo-fa-strike-ew-4u-cl-sxd-20oct19-lh-7-8nov19-4u-30dec-1jan20.html)

ente_09 Nov 5, 2019 9:50 am

flight takes off and lands in Germany.

LH website is not supporting this theory so who knows?

oliver2002 Nov 5, 2019 10:07 am

Spohr is meeting with all three FA unions tomorrow evening.

hugolover Nov 5, 2019 10:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 31703993)
Spohr is meeting with all three FA unions tomorrow evening.

That’s moronic.

Is he too busy today? Too busy tomorrow morning?

Meeting then in the evening gives that maximum leverage and maximum damage to LH. Plus they’re still selling seats, adding even more pax into the mess and haven’t waived the rebooking to Star for any RBD.

If they go ahead it gives pax so little time to rebook and all other airlines have had another day of sales making flights busier than they are tonight.

Stupid. Fitting for the “immoral fares” CEO.

oliver2002 Nov 5, 2019 11:09 am

UFO only agreed to a meeting tomorrow. They took offense that verdi and the third union was also invited. Remember this fight is really about the survival of UFO.

hugolover Nov 5, 2019 11:11 am

The moronic decision is also to limit rebooking to SAL same RBD and to continue selling seats while offering pax rebooking to other days on LH group metal in any RBD. It would be no effort to offer SAL rebooking.

Remember this is Mr. "Immoral fares"...need I say more?

Quik! Nov 5, 2019 11:24 am

Am booked this Friday AMS-MUN-HKG - would it be possible for me to rebook into any Star Alliance carriers to secure a seat now or must I wait for tomorrow?

hugolover Nov 5, 2019 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Quik! (Post 31704282)
Am booked this Friday AMS-MUN-HKG - would it be possible for me to rebook into any Star Alliance carriers to secure a seat now or must I wait for tomorrow?

You can rebook now if the same RBD is available.

hugolover Nov 5, 2019 12:04 pm

Its 2000 CET....any update?

mikkelhk Nov 5, 2019 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 31704459)
Its 2000 CET....any update?

THIS IS INFO FROM THE LH CUSTOMER SERVICE, so don't hang me if it turns out to be wrong!

I called for the third time today to check my rebooking possibilities, and was put in hold for a few minutes. The agent came back, saying that she double-checked our flights against their list with cancelled flights, and neither of our flights on Friday were on the list, ie. both our flights are still scheduled.
This could be true, seeing that a moderator mentioned above that the updated flight schedule would be ready by 8pm CET today.
So it might be a good idea to call and check on your booking if you're potentially affected by the strike notice.

ente_09 Nov 5, 2019 1:19 pm

I called LH 20 minutes ago regarding FRA-MXP Thursday and was given "call back later"
If they are meeting tonight (PST) how can LH know anything now?

Quik! Nov 5, 2019 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 31704309)
You can rebook now if the same RBD is available.

Called LH and requested to rebook on TK or SK, and this is allowed as you mentioned provided the fare class must be the same. Unfortunately for me none were available.

Was told if the flight is indeed cancelled, I'd be auto rebooked and I could call them back if the rebooked flight is not suitable. If desired flight is not available, what are my options ?

hugolover Nov 5, 2019 2:25 pm

Anyone can call LH and get protected segments placed in your booking. That includes Star options. I have them in my booking.

If/when the cancellation occurs, you can then call and get those flights confirmed. You have a seat from the moment the segment is added and confirmed. You're avoiding the mad rush when the flights actually get cancelled.

The robot will cancel them about 24 hours from when they are placed in your PNR, hopefully giving time until tomorrow when Spohr has the courage to cancel.

You can also waitlist on *A using the same RBD, for now. I pointed out that at this time only the same RBD is allowed. Again, nothing stopping a *TA* from placing a higher *A RBD on the flight you want as if/when cancellation occurs that would be ticketed per Star waiver. At this time, LH won't list those.

San Gottardo Nov 5, 2019 3:59 pm

Even if my flight is not cancelled, it is realistic to expect delays because of disruptions to the normal ops, right ?

PAX_fips Nov 5, 2019 6:06 pm

"Your flight LH573 Johannesburg - Frankfurt/Main is now ready for Check-in" - I hope, that this is a good sign.

While AF asks 600E for a Y ticket FRA-CDG :}

ente_09 Nov 5, 2019 6:06 pm

my LH check in for LH 252 FRA-MXP says the flight is on and I am booked. It is for Thursday 1:30
Does this mean I am OK? Can the still cancel if the strike is on?