Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No compensation for the delay, but duty of care applies even though it was a flash strike.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
How are things looking with things this Friday? Thinking about Eurowings DUS-TXL, hoping that all will be ok. I expect the return on Saturday will be ok, more or less.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

No more strikes till November 4: https://www.aero.de/news-32940/Ufo-w...immung-ab.html
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:36 am

The employee vote was more than 2/3rd for strike. Announcement of next strike on Monday at 2pm.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:36 pm

Damn, my wife and I are flying for our long-planned honeymoon weekend BLL-FRA-VIE this Friday afternoon (LH839/LH1242) and back (LH1239/LH840) this Sunday afternoon. I guess there's quite a risk that we will be affected by an eventual strike? I guess they would choose a time when it hits the company the most, ie. on a Friday afternoon / Sunday afternoon (or perhaps rather Monday morning)?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mikkelhk
Damn, my wife and I are flying for our long-planned honeymoon weekend BLL-FRA-VIE this Friday afternoon (LH839/LH1242) and back (LH1239/LH840) this Sunday afternoon. I guess there's quite a risk that we will be affected by an eventual strike? I guess they would choose a time when it hits the company the most, ie. on a Friday afternoon / Sunday afternoon (or perhaps rather Monday morning)?
Congratulations & good luck !
If you do have any issues, do let them know its your Honeymoon, they are human after all.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:48 am

The announcement is out: all LH flights leaving Germany on Thursday and Friday will be striked upon by UFO.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ♪♪♪ 7 ™
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The announcement is out: all LH flights leaving Germany on Thursday and Friday will be striked upon by UFO.
Ouch, I have a BKK to MAN on Friday
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Unions are like maffia...
I am happy that in my homeland unions have 0 power and almost 0 members at all.

Anyway, it will most probably give me first experience how HON Circle Service will handle irregularity of my filghts on Thursday on my way back to home via FRA.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andy49
Ouch, I have a BKK to MAN on Friday
Should be fine then if your leaving BKK on Friday, your flight to MAN is on Saturday ?

Its flight departing DE on Thursday & Friday
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:02 am

Flights leaving BKK on Friday go there on Thursday...
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:29 am

I just called the Lufthansa Service Center regarding our abovementioned flight on Friday. Of course they "didn't know if the strike would go into effect" at this time, but during Tuesday or Wednesday, all affected passengers would be contacted regarding rebooking or refund, if the strike goes into effect. Hopefully they will find a solution by then.
Could we have a chance of being rebooked to eg. Brussels Airlines BLL-BRU-VIE (of course depending on availability), or would that probably not be an option?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be caught up in this. I really don't want to be rebooked to BArbs legacy cabins but Star options are exceptionally weak from Scotland... (when will Basia start EDI?). SN at 06:00 and even...SN? No thank you. I'll probably do BA-LO or SK-LO.

At least the 250 EUR compensation will be turned into a lovely gift for Comrade for my late arrival to our (Catholic Ritual) Chambers of Passion.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raul_R
Unions are like maffia...
I am happy that in my homeland unions have 0 power and almost 0 members at all.

Anyway, it will most probably give me first experience how HON Circle Service will handle irregularity of my filghts on Thursday on my way back to home via FRA.
If I were Estonian and in the political class I would be harking back to the politburo and real political power to crush Dissent like this. Now that is a serious aspiration. Pity that awful Plattenbau hotel was so awful in TLL but the Sub-base in Hara was cool, just no access for locals .
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How come they are striking at LH if their demand was 1.8% & LH gave them 2% ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.