FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1974896-ufo-fa-strike-ew-4u-cl-sxd-20oct19-lh-7-8nov19-4u-30dec-1jan20.html)

oliver2002 Oct 22, 2019 12:14 pm

No compensation for the delay, but duty of care applies even though it was a flash strike.

Concerto Oct 23, 2019 4:44 pm

How are things looking with things this Friday? Thinking about Eurowings DUS-TXL, hoping that all will be ok. I expect the return on Saturday will be ok, more or less.

oliver2002 Oct 25, 2019 6:48 am

No more strikes till November 4: https://www.aero.de/news-32940/Ufo-w...immung-ab.html

oliver2002 Nov 2, 2019 10:36 am

The employee vote was more than 2/3rd for strike. Announcement of next strike on Monday at 2pm.

mikkelhk Nov 2, 2019 1:36 pm

Damn, my wife and I are flying for our long-planned honeymoon weekend BLL-FRA-VIE this Friday afternoon (LH839/LH1242) and back (LH1239/LH840) this Sunday afternoon. I guess there's quite a risk that we will be affected by an eventual strike? I guess they would choose a time when it hits the company the most, ie. on a Friday afternoon / Sunday afternoon (or perhaps rather Monday morning)?

chris63 Nov 3, 2019 5:19 am

Originally Posted by mikkelhk (Post 31694193)
Damn, my wife and I are flying for our long-planned honeymoon weekend BLL-FRA-VIE this Friday afternoon (LH839/LH1242) and back (LH1239/LH840) this Sunday afternoon. I guess there's quite a risk that we will be affected by an eventual strike? I guess they would choose a time when it hits the company the most, ie. on a Friday afternoon / Sunday afternoon (or perhaps rather Monday morning)?

Congratulations & good luck !
If you do have any issues, do let them know it’s your Honeymoon, they are human after all. ;)

oliver2002 Nov 4, 2019 6:48 am

The announcement is out: all LH flights leaving Germany on Thursday and Friday will be striked upon by UFO.

Andy49 Nov 4, 2019 7:02 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 31699429)
The announcement is out: all LH flights leaving Germany on Thursday and Friday will be striked upon by UFO.

Ouch, I have a BKK to MAN on Friday

Raul_R Nov 4, 2019 7:13 am

Unions are like maffia...
I am happy that in my homeland unions have 0 power and almost 0 members at all. :D

Anyway, it will most probably give me first experience how HON Circle Service will handle irregularity of my filghts on Thursday on my way back to home via FRA.

chris63 Nov 4, 2019 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Andy49 (Post 31699470)
Ouch, I have a BKK to MAN on Friday

Should be fine then if your leaving BKK on Friday, your flight to MAN is on Saturday ?

Its flight departing DE on Thursday & Friday

oliver2002 Nov 4, 2019 9:02 am

Flights leaving BKK on Friday go there on Thursday... ;)

mikkelhk Nov 4, 2019 9:29 am

I just called the Lufthansa Service Center regarding our abovementioned flight on Friday. Of course they "didn't know if the strike would go into effect" at this time, but during Tuesday or Wednesday, all affected passengers would be contacted regarding rebooking or refund, if the strike goes into effect. Hopefully they will find a solution by then.
Could we have a chance of being rebooked to eg. Brussels Airlines BLL-BRU-VIE (of course depending on availability), or would that probably not be an option?

hugolover Nov 4, 2019 1:51 pm

I will be caught up in this. I really don't want to be rebooked to BArbs legacy cabins but Star options are exceptionally weak from Scotland... (when will Basia start EDI?). SN at 06:00 and even...SN? No thank you. I'll probably do BA-LO or SK-LO.

At least the 250 EUR compensation will be turned into a lovely gift for Comrade for my late arrival to our (Catholic Ritual) Chambers of Passion.

hugolover Nov 4, 2019 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Raul_R (Post 31699499)
Unions are like maffia...
I am happy that in my homeland unions have 0 power and almost 0 members at all. :D

Anyway, it will most probably give me first experience how HON Circle Service will handle irregularity of my filghts on Thursday on my way back to home via FRA.

If I were Estonian and in the political class I would be harking back to the politburo and real political power to crush Dissent like this. Now that is a serious aspiration. Pity that awful Plattenbau hotel was so awful in TLL but the Sub-base in Hara was cool, just no access for locals :D.

chris63 Nov 4, 2019 8:09 pm

How come they are striking at LH if their demand was 1.8% & LH gave them 2% ?