Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH call centre down... I cannot call in, doesn't even ring just says unavailable and same on Skype on a variety of numbers. Unfortunately PL center already closed. I guess Spohr won't pay for overtime tonight?

For those who have been booked to Star, and ticket needs to be reissued, have any of you got your tickets done yet?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
LH call centre down... I cannot call in, doesn't even ring just says unavailable and same on Skype on a variety of numbers. Unfortunately PL center already closed. I guess Spohr won't pay for overtime tonight?
For those who have been booked to Star, and ticket needs to be reissued, have any of you got your tickets done yet?
Got my new tickets for SK/OS within minutes after ending the call with the very friendly agent. She did warn me that it could take a few hours because of the massive amount of tickets issued during these hours, but just minutes after I had them in my e-mail.
I got through on the Danish number two hours ago after about 20 minutes waiting time, but had to redial six times to not get that same "all lines are unavailable" message.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I felt it wasn't right. So here I am on a third country service number.

By the way, the Bot is useless. Just asks the same questions over and over... do I give consent "Accept" "Am I 16" and choose options that it never sends.

It is beyond LH management to help via Twitter or Facebook despite the good systems that exist to handle a huge volume of requests. Even LOT do it! LH pushing everything to inbound centre.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum
My LAX-MUC-BCN flight was scheduled to depart today but LH453 was cancelled. I'm having trouble getting through to the US Call Center. I need advice. Would it be better if I went down to LAX to get rebooked or do I have to go through the call center?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I heard from PL that all European stations have been told that pax should be told to go home, use website or phone in (good luck).

Remember, as part of 5* LH has/is moved/moving to remote ticketing. Eventually even a same day change will be done via a call centre. Airport will sell you a bag, thats about it. They won't pay for staff.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I like the way when I tried to submit a complaint on the feedback form on the LH website it then failed with this error:

An error has occurred. Please note:
Submit Validation Failed
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
So I received a flight cancellation pop-up on my LH app. I couldn't get through the US/Canada or Germany Call Centers so I tried Mexico. I was able to get straight through in about 10 seconds. I was trying to rebook but they informed me that I was rebooked on Air France through Paris onto Barcelona. Would have been nice if LH sent me an email or notification alerting me of the fact.

Originally Posted by hugolover
I heard from PL that all European stations have been told that pax should be told to go home, use website or phone in (good luck).

Remember, as part of 5* LH has/is moved/moving to remote ticketing. Eventually even a same day change will be done via a call centre. Airport will sell you a bag, thats about it. They won't pay for staff.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Rerouted: How to make sure to get ORC, status benefits etc.,?

Hi,

I had an LHR-FRA-BLR booking for 8-Nov. As several people, I too couldn't get connected to LH call centre. When I logged back in, I saw that I've been rerouted on LHR-DOH-BLR with Qatar Airways. I'm yet to receive an email or text. Even in "My bookings" it is not showing the exact flight no.s and I could get these only by logging into Qatar. Perhaps it gets updated soon. I've a few questions:

1. How to make sure I get ORC (Original Routing Credit)? One requirement is to show the proof that it was involuntary and I need specific guidance as to how generate this.
2. Would Qatar honour my status (I'm *G / United 1K) for bags, priority boarding and lounge access? They may not by default, is there someway to persuade them. Qatar flies out of Terminal 4 at LHR and it doesn't seem to have *A lounge (to try my luck there!).

Prasad14

PS: LH app is not showing the reroute yet. I can see it only on the web.

Last edited by prasad14; Nov 6, 2019 at 3:13 pm
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: LH M+M
Had to wait an hour in FRA to get my bag, but quickly checked-in again and now in FCL-A waiting for the leg to CDG.

Pheew! Lucked out this time.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by prasad14
Hi,

I had an LHR-FRA-BLR booking for 8-Nov. As several people, I too couldn't get connected to LH call centre. When I logged back in, I saw that I've been rerouted on LHR-DOH-BLR with Qatar Airways. I'm yet to receive an email or text. Even in "My bookings" it is not showing the exact flight no.s and I could get these only by logging into Qatar. Perhaps it gets updated soon. I've a few questions:

1. How to make sure I get ORC (Original Routing Credit)? One requirement is to show the proof that it was involuntary and I need specific guidance as to how generate this.
2. Would Qatar honour my status (I'm *G / United 1K) for bags, priority boarding and lounge access? They may not by default, is there someway to persuade them. Qatar flies out of Terminal 4 at LHR and it doesn't seem to have *A lounge (to try my luck there!).

Prasad14

PS: LH app is not showing the reroute yet. I can see it only on the web.
Your new ticket will have an invol endorsement, so that is sufficient for the orc. No *G bennies on Qatar, you will have to suck it up.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: LH FTL
Was automatically rebooked yesterday afternoon on my flights HAJ - MUC - GRZ tommorow morning to Saturday morning.
Could not rebook via Facebook Chatbot, LH mobile app and LH website, when I finally got through to an agent on the hotline I was told that the only other rebook possibility was tommorow evening so I took it.
Checked my bookings on the LH website afterwards and suddenly there was a rebook button, which hasn't been there before, so I rebooked myself again to flights (pohne rep told me 10 minutes before that this flight was not available to be rebooked to).

After 3(!) separate rebookings and 3 1/2 hours waiting to get to an agent, I am only arriving 40 minutes later than planned at least. Was hoping for LH to be prepared better for this (especially their IT infrastructure) as they obviously knew the strike was coming sometime.

Now I can only hope that the strike doesn't get expanded to LH CityLine or Austrian

Hopefully it turned out well for most of you aswell

Last edited by marcok; Nov 7, 2019 at 3:52 am Reason: Edited for clarity
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

No further strikes, talks over the weekend:

Frankfurt/Main (dpa) - Die Kabinengewerkschaft Ufo zeigt sich bereit, mit der Lufthansa in Gespräche über eine Schlichtung des laufenden Tarifkonflikts einzutreten. Man werde die von Arbeitsdirektorin Bettina Volkens angeregten Gespräche über das Wochenende wahrnehmen, erklärte ein Ufo-Vertreter. Der laufende Streik bei der Lufthansa solle unverändert auch am Freitag stattfinden. Ufo werde aber von einer Ausweitung auf andere Flugbetriebe des Konzerns absehen.
chris63 and Andy49 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No further strikes, talks over the weekend:
& if those talks fail, do they have to give notice of further strikes & if so for how long ?
hugolover and Andy49 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
I am happy to find that none of my flights was affected by strike.
chris63, hugolover and PAX_fips like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by chris63
& if those talks fail, do they have to give notice of further strikes & if so for how long ?
If the talks fail the UFO decision for unlimited strikes still stands. This means UFO can announce anytime without warning new strikes which can last as long as they want. If the talks are successful UFO and LH will start a mediation process. During the mediation both sides have a peace obligation meaning that UFO is not allowed to strike while LH is not allowed to ban union workers.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.