Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT: Need advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
What's the reason for the delay? Are you eligible for EU 261? If your delay is over 4 hours you may be eligible.
It’s 3 hours for a connecting flight.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Swiss Longhaul operations are a bit of a mess in recent weeks because one 777 is out of service since June 1st.
That's what has caused the initial delay. (i.e. need to wait for the next available 777 to arrive, which in this case was LX41, which arrived in ZRH at 3.30.)
No idea why it then took 4 hours to turn that plane around. - Yes, there was some rain in ZRH, but only from around 6 to 6:30, so there should have been time to run before that.

My guess on what LX will say: "Unforeseen circumstances" (missing a serviceable airplane) followed by more "unforeseen circumstances" (additional time lost during the turnaround), which will all not qualify for EU261 compensation.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jun 20, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: Tour Operator
It would possibly help if you could share where you will be connecting to once in Zürich (chances are that you could still make it) however, to answer your main question, there's no dedicated number for tarmac meet-&-greet I'm afraid
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Nha Trang Day Tours
It would possibly help if you could share where you will be connecting to once in Zürich (chances are that you could still make it) however, to answer your main question, there's no dedicated number for tarmac meet-&-greet I'm afraid
No need to give any piece of advice to the OP, by now (s)he's already left for, and arrived in LAX!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
deleted.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jun 20, 2019 at 11:18 pm Reason: Beaten by KLouis ��
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Originally Posted by iLied

It’s 3 hours for a connecting flight.
The OP's flight was Somewhere-ZRH-LAX, and ZRH-LAX alone is a 261/2004 Type 3 flight, so the threshold is 4 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.