do *G get better Y seats on OS?

Old Jun 17, 19, 9:58 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,262
do *G get better Y seats on OS?

I have an OS flight upcoming from TXL-VIE, mileage award ticket through UA. As a *G my recent flights on LH (paid tickets) have automatically produced exit row seating upon check-in.

Is this likely to happen with OS check-in? If it does not, how are the better Y seats allocated on OS?
transportprof is offline  
Old Jun 17, 19, 10:10 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: AGH
Posts: 4,749
Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
I have an OS flight upcoming from TXL-VIE, mileage award ticket through UA. As a *G my recent flights on LH (paid tickets) have automatically produced exit row seating upon check-in.

Is this likely to happen with OS check-in?
I don't think *G gives you anything here. But if you check-in online as soon as the check-in window opens, the chances are pretty good to score exit-row seats.

Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
If it does not, how are the better Y seats allocated on OS?
By paying for them.
fassy is offline  
Old Jun 17, 19, 10:13 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,262
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
I don't think *G gives you anything here. But if you check-in online as soon as the check-in window opens, the chances are pretty good to score exit-row seats.



By paying for them.
Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised by the great seats I automatically received from LH, and will report back on what OS does with my upcoming flight in a couple of weeks.

UPDATE: I went to the OS web site and was able to pull up my file using the last name and PNR.

It states that my flight will be available for online check-in 47 hours before departure. This sounds like a strange time window for OLCI. Is 47 hours actually a standard window for OS OLCI?

Last edited by transportprof; Jun 21, 19 at 12:49 pm Reason: update
transportprof is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread