Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Reimbursed After MX delays?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Hotel Reimbursed After MX delays?

Was on LH1141 this afternoon that was delayed for an hour because of a possible oil leak in the engine. I was connecting to UA to IAD and did not make the connection. UA rebooked me via LHR (earliest option). I was told to pay for my own hotel in London and then email LH for a reimbursement. Anyone know what the cap is on that? I’d rather stay downtown than at the airport but I don’t want to be on the hook for an extra hundred pounds because LH has an arbitrary cap I didn’t know about.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
LH will reimburse you reasonable costs (100 - 150£)(3* hotel, not 5* hotel). Normally only around the airport. Or you can prove the were no hotels available near the airport.
LH is not going to pay for a "kind of holiday".

Last edited by athome; Jun 16, 2019 at 7:23 pm
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You will also have a claim for EUR 600 because the delay into IAD will be greater than four hours. In addition to the hotel, you may also claim reasonable meals.

I would not plan on LH reimbursing you more than a mid-range airport hotel at LHR (which you ought to document). This does not preclude you from staying downtown, but the difference between LHR-area and what you obtain will likely be out of your pocket.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I’d go into town and try your luck, knowing you may have to pay the difference out of your own pocket. Enjoyment factor will be much higher when you’re already annoyed about delay.

LH will take WEEKS to respond to your claim, so be patient.

If you had status with LH they’d be more willing to help. Last week they got back to me paying my suite at a 5* hotel and airport limousine transfers in Germany after a weather related overnight misconnect in Frankfurt. I was on a First class ticket though and have status, but in any case, I found the result very satisfactory - no pushback, no argument, just a response apologising for the delay and saying the money has been sent to my account..!
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
You will also have a claim for EUR 600 because the delay into IAD will be greater than four hours. In addition to the hotel, you may also claim reasonable meals.

I would not plan on LH reimbursing you more than a mid-range airport hotel at LHR (which you ought to document). This does not preclude you from staying downtown, but the difference between LHR-area and what you obtain will likely be out of your pocket.
OP posted in another thread that he was on separate tickets, SVO-FRA and then FRA-IAD. Does EU comp cover this?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by TomMM
OP posted in another thread that he was on separate tickets, SVO-FRA and then FRA-IAD. Does EU comp cover this?
nope. on separate tickets, OP is completely out of luck
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by TomMM
If this is the case LH shouldn't reimburse the hotel neither. The whole thing is than outside of the responsibility of LH. LH got him to FRA with a delay of 49 mins. Their contract ended there. Please let you know of the outcome.
The issue is completely with UA. Why they rebooked him and did not treat him as a no-show, is another question.
Planning with a 75 minutes layover in FRA on two separate tickets is far beyond common sense.

Last edited by athome; Jun 17, 2019 at 6:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.