LH J ticket with a SunExpress (YQ) segment in Y - baggage

Old Jun 9, 19, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

LH J ticket with a SunExpress (YQ) segment in Y - baggage

Hi all,

Recently booked a LH J saver ticket that includes a SunExpress segment in Y. The eticket clearly states that baggage allowance is two pieces, even for the SunExpress flight, but I want opinions from here about how likely is that I run into trouble. I have to say that I've used SunExpress before and they have a very generous allowance of 30kg in their dirty cheap economy tickets, and is not so likely I will be over it, but chances are that I really need the 2*32kg allowance. Of course, I also assume that there would be no fast track and no lounge in ADB, but I bought the ticket assuming it (100 less and a much decent timing that a 3.50am departure are a good tradeoff imho).

Thanks in advance for your advice.

PD: If useful, the fare basis is Z13BXXU0 for that segment.
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
The 03:50 ADB departure is a Lufthansa flight and operated by Lufthansa if you're booked on it. The later morning and the afternoon flight is operated by XQ.
AFAIK, the baggage allowance would be the same as your LH ticket but no fast-track security nor lounge access. However, Priority Pass would allow you to the lounge in ADB.

If you have a separate XQ locator and if you share it via PM I could make the necessary checks for you or you could check it yourself via the Buy Extra Baggage Allowance on the XQ website. That section would show your baggage allowance.
Old Jun 10, 19, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
The 03:50 ADB departure is a Lufthansa flight and operated by Lufthansa if you're booked on it. The later morning and the afternoon flight is operated by XQ.
AFAIK, the baggage allowance would be the same as your LH ticket but no fast-track security nor lounge access. However, Priority Pass would allow you to the lounge in ADB.

If you have a separate XQ locator and if you share it via PM I could make the necessary checks for you or you could check it yourself via the Buy Extra Baggage Allowance on the XQ website. That section would show your baggage allowance.
Hi ISTFlyer,

Thanks for replying.

Indeed, I am booked in the XQ flight. I do not have a separate XQ locator, I tried the Lufthansa one in the XQ website, but to no avail. Do you think is possible to contact Lufthansa to get the separate XQ locator?

Best
schrodingerdog
Old Jun 10, 19, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by schrodingerdog View Post
Hi ISTFlyer,

Thanks for replying.

Indeed, I am booked in the XQ flight. I do not have a separate XQ locator, I tried the Lufthansa one in the XQ website, but to no avail. Do you think is possible to contact Lufthansa to get the separate XQ locator?

Best
schrodingerdog
IMO, Lufthansa won't have the XQ locator as well. But it's work trying.
All my previous XQ bookings were made via directly via the XQ website so I am not sure how third party booked tickets can be modified.
Lufthansa is not listed in the tour operator list but you could also try logging in via your LH PNR, last name and by choosing Austrian Airlines as the tour operator as both LH and OS have the same system. For tour operator booking logins, there is a button in the same section as MMB.
Old Jun 10, 19, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
IMO, Lufthansa won't have the XQ locator as well. But it's work trying.
All my previous XQ bookings were made via directly via the XQ website so I am not sure how third party booked tickets can be modified.
Lufthansa is not listed in the tour operator list but you could also try logging in via your LH PNR, last name and by choosing Austrian Airlines as the tour operator as both LH and OS have the same system. For tour operator booking logins, there is a button in the same section as MMB.
I will try to contact Lufthansa, I tried the tour operator part and it did not seem to work. I will actually also contact XQ and see if they can help.

I'll post any update.

Thanks again for the help.
Old Jun 10, 19, 1:10 am
Original Poster

I will try to contact Lufthansa, I tried the tour operator part and it did not seem to work. I will actually also contact XQ and see if they can help.

I'll post any update.

Thanks again for the help.
Problem partially solved in 5min.

I used the chat of XQ, was connected to an agent instantly and with the ticket number they pulled the reservation and gave me their internal reference number (which is different to the Lufthansa one). Great service, it took them 2min to do it and actually they gave the booking reference without asking (I first asked to check that my reservation was OK)

The only problem is that the XQ website seems not to like my itinerary. My inbound is MAD-MUC-ADB, and only the MUC-ADB part is displaying. Also my name got messed up, probably because in Lufthansa I used "Dr" instead of "Mr". The baggage part seems to indicate only 30kg.

I may contact XQ again and ask what is the baggage allowance.
Old Jun 10, 19, 8:04 am

Problem partially solved in 5min.

I used the chat of XQ, was connected to an agent instantly and with the ticket number they pulled the reservation and gave me their internal reference number (which is different to the Lufthansa one). Great service, it took them 2min to do it and actually they gave the booking reference without asking (I first asked to check that my reservation was OK)

The only problem is that the XQ website seems not to like my itinerary. My inbound is MAD-MUC-ADB, and only the MUC-ADB part is displaying. Also my name got messed up, probably because in Lufthansa I used "Dr" instead of "Mr". The baggage part seems to indicate only 30kg.

I may contact XQ again and ask what is the baggage allowance.
Thanks for the update.

Search this Thread