*G on LH basic economy UA ticket

Old Jun 1, 19, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ua mm, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
*G on LH basic economy UA ticket

have an upcoming USA-FRA-KEF round trip in basic economy where all but the first leg is on LH. i get that basic economy comes with no seat assignments and no free checked bag, but my star gold (through UA) status used to mean one free checked bag on LH up to 23kg at check-in for a TATL itinerary. is that still the case?

also, does anyone have recent experience on whether LH tends to give preferred seats to star gold members at check-in or am i looking at a middle in the back?

danke
Old Jun 3, 19, 4:00 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
No free bag in the hold (not even for LH's own elite pax) and you will be able to choose your seat when OLCI opens (you should be able to choose something else than a middle seat).

Enjoy your flight!

Off topic: US to KEF via Europe seems to be one h*ll of a detour! - did you consider Icelandair directly to KEF?
Old Jun 3, 19, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
No free bag in the hold (not even for LH's own elite pax) and you will be able to choose your seat when OLCI opens (you should be able to choose something else than a middle seat).

Enjoy your flight!

Off topic: US to KEF via Europe seems to be one h*ll of a detour! - did you consider Icelandair directly to KEF?

Also UA flies EWR-KEF.

Search this Thread