FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Retroactive Credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1971574-retroactive-credit.html)

i_gtgo May 28, 2019 3:21 am

Retroactive Credit

So 2 of my family members flew AI First Class (in 'A' and 'F' class) from BOM to EWR. They didn't put any FFN to claim the miles. So they requested I create a Star Alliance account for them to claim it. I created a M&M account for this purpose, but every time I complete the retroactive form I get a "technical error message" saying "Tickets not eligible for credit". This is impossible since it was a paid First Class ticket. Anyone know a way to get LH to credit the miles or what the error message means?

FYI - I also created an Aegean account after these failures but got the same error message.

Thanks.

tgj1974 May 28, 2019 6:23 am

Originally Posted by i_gtgo (Post 31145023)
So 2 of my family members flew AI First Class (in 'A' and 'F' class) from BOM to EWR. They didn't put any FFN to claim the miles. So they requested I create a Star Alliance account for them to claim it. I created a M&M account for this purpose, but every time I complete the retroactive form I get a "technical error message" saying "Tickets not eligible for credit". This is impossible since it was a paid First Class ticket. Anyone know a way to get LH to credit the miles or what the error message means?

FYI - I also created an Aegean account after these failures but got the same error message.

Thanks.

I get also technical error message these days, trying to credit United and LH flights.....General bug?

Dover2Golf May 28, 2019 6:35 am

I think the account has to be open before the flight, opening it afterwards does not work IME.

fassy May 28, 2019 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf (Post 31145399)
I think the account has to be open before the flight, opening it afterwards does not work IME.

It used to work retrospectively, I did so back in 2014 when I opened my M&M account after actually having flown two LH legs.

anyway, might have changed since then and the language on the website can be read as in different ways:

Originally Posted by Miles-and-more.com
Mileage credits up to six months retrospectively.
Even if you were not yet a member at the time of purchase or booking

could mean retrospective credit works if you signed up after the flights or only if you’d honed up between the booking and before the first flight. But the later doesn’t make much sense... because then you could also just add the FFP# at time of check-in

chris63 May 28, 2019 8:14 am

Call M&M, it should be possible to credit after opening an account.

MichielR May 28, 2019 10:31 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31145648)
Call M&M, it should be possible to credit after opening an account.

Yes, it should be possible. However, I have a feeling that a new account won’t be active until it is used but that M&M IT doesn’t allow miles from a *A partner to post until the account is active. Which it won’t be until....

Calling might be the only solution indeed.

i_gtgo May 28, 2019 9:49 pm

I don't believe account has to be open (as per website). I've been able to credit Air China flight in the past to Lufthansa after flight was flown and no account was open at the time. I'm just wondering if the travel agent may have claimed the miles behind my back? Anyone know what the error message would've been if someone else already credited the miles?

chris63 May 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by i_gtgo (Post 31148082)
I don't believe account has to be open (as per website). I've been able to credit Air China flight in the past to Lufthansa after flight was flown and no account was open at the time. I'm just wondering if the travel agent may have claimed the miles behind my back? Anyone know what the error message would've been if someone else already credited the miles?

They used to encourage people to join onboard & retro clam Miles

Error ought to be miles already posted or some such but given the current state of M&M IT it could be anything :rolleyes:

ParisMoskau May 30, 2019 2:56 am

Irrespective of how it may have been handled in the past, the M&M legal fine print is quite clear that miles can only be earned once one has at least applied for a M&M account:

2.3.1 General provisions for earning miles

Members can start earning miles after membership commences.(...) According to the procedure in Section 2.3.7, miles can be credited for a flight or a partner service qualifying for the earning of miles which takes place during the period between the submission of the application and the mileage account being opened.