Unable to open M&M award ticket - how to change frequent flier number?

Old May 27, 19, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Unable to open M&M award ticket - how to change frequent flier number?

I booked an award (intra-Europe, all LH metal) through M&M. Booked for a "third party" because I wanted to add my A3 *A number to the booking.
Somehow, however, the M&M website must have been "smart" as I can see it under "My bookings."
However, I can't access the booking, neither on the LH website nor in the LH app. I always get redirected to the login screen (even though I'm already logged in!).
I've tried several browsers, deleted my cookies etc., all to no avail. LH on Twitter couldn't help, so I'm giving up on LH.
I'm too lazy too call, I'll just have the number changed at the airport, but I'd still like to know if there is some other website to manage my booking.

The booking shows as confirmed on the Saudia website (the ticket has been issued), so there's definitely nothing wrong with the ticket itself.
Old May 27, 19, 6:16 pm

What do you mean by opening a ticket? A ticket can not be changed by anyone but the issuer, i.e. an airline or a TA. The corresponding booking can, though, to some extent such as adding a FF number. Moreover, what do you mean that you booked for a "third party"? Do you want to add your FF number to somebody else's ticket? That is certainly not allowed by any airline! At any rate, if indeed it is you flying, a brief visit to the CI or reservation counter at the airport on the day you fly will solve your problem.
Old May 27, 19, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I’d like to “manage my booking” (change seat assignments, frequent flier # etc.).
The M&M website gives you the option to book an award for yourself or someone else. I chose the latter (with my own name), hoping it would let me enter my A3 number instead of M&M.
When I try to view the booking (which shows up under “My bookings”) on the LH website or in the app, it always redirects me to the login screen. Looks like a bug to me.

Yes, I already wrote I will just get the number changed at the airport.
But Is still like to know if there are some good websites for managing Star Alliance bookings.
With Oneworld, AY or QF are usually good options for managing other OW bookings.
Old May 27, 19, 6:49 pm

Programs: NZ *G
It may not be possible to change the FF program attached to an award booking.
Old May 27, 19, 11:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
It may not be possible to change the FF program attached to an award booking.
Hi,

I booked a flight with miles from my daughter that were about to expire, and at check in they introduced my M&M number.
It can be good if there are irrops and the pax flying has elite status.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 27, 19, 11:42 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by more4less View Post

Hi,

I booked a flight with miles from my daughter that were about to expire, and at check in they introduced my M&M number.
It can be good if there are irrops and the pax flying has elite status.
Same here, booked for my Daughter & She was temporarily promoted to HON, donít you just Love M&M IT, sometimes
Old May 27, 19, 11:56 pm

Programs: LH HON
Uhm. The OP booked the ticket for somebody else but in his name? This is already calling for trouble.

and why now add the a3 number?!
Old May 28, 19, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller View Post
Uhm. The OP booked the ticket for somebody else but in his name? This is already calling for trouble.

and why now add the a3 number?!
It is a common approach to book for “someone else”, but enter one’s own name as this allows for adding a different frequent flier number. I have status with A3, but not M&M and I want to get fast track security etc.
This is not “calling for trouble.”

It seems like there is currently an issue with the LH website that award bookings made online cannot be accessed on the LH website:
https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/luft...ml#post2891214