LOT Polish Airlines - Seat Selection

Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:26 am
Original Poster

LOT Polish Airlines - Seat Selection

I have booked a business class flight with LOT for March 2018 (YEG-YYZ-WAW-DUS return) and I was not given the opportunity for seat selection during the booking process nor can I see where to select seats when I go into manage my bookings. Is this not possible with LOT? I have contacted LOT on Facebook and they assigned me the seats that I wanted but I am just curious as to why I could not do it myself. I have tried with different browsers (Edge, Chrome and Firefox). TIA
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:43 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Wow... Looks like the entire Manager Your Booking module was removed. I tested on one of my bookings and can only view itinerary and update contact; cannot change the dates or assign seats. It was for sure possible before.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The Manage Your Booking functionality on lot.com has been gutted for some time.

Personally, I think it's all part of a dastardly plot to get people to become frequent flyers. Given that the general enquiries number has recently gone unanswered for extended periods, the only way to do anything with your bookings is to get to at least FTL so you have a number to call where someone actually picks up!

If that's true then I'm guessing they stole the idea from those evil geniuses at BA (as a Blue they no longer even bother to put me in a holding queue; I just get cut off immediately due to 'an unprecedented volume of calls').
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
Wow... Looks like the entire Manager Your Booking module was removed. I tested on one of my bookings and can only view itinerary and update contact; cannot change the dates or assign seats. It was for sure possible before.
It has been like this for two years now I think. Guess they got a killer licensing deal for the hold music.
nnn, Clay_C. and geomag42 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by Lack
[...]Guess they got a killer licensing deal for the hold music.
this is so true
Also the booking engine is utterly broken
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Also the booking engine is utterly broken
Probably for the best. Imagine how long would the hold times be if they didn't actively discourage people from booking.
nnn likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:37 pm

Whilst I guess I got used to much worse than that (battling with AZ's IT for the last 10 years or so, indeed AZ had a much better website in the late 90s and that says it all), I've never had any major issues with their (meaning LOT needless to say) booking engine/website as a whole, incidentally I was able to amend my frequent flyer number last week, just as I realised that I wouldn't get fast track in Gdańsk through LH*FTL and had to swap in favour of SK*D (it was only a GDN-WAW but standard security at Rębiechowo first in the morning can be as painful as my Monday morning's alarm set for 4AM).

G
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
I have to admit LOT's booking engine needs to be rewritten probably. It seems that they are fixing the symptom not the problem.

As for seat selection, I thought it should have been possible to select seats during the booking process.

I have to admit, LOT customer service do seem to be good with handling issues with the website booking engine.

is it saying something that recently when I was researching flights and saw I couldn't get an Economy seat that my first instinct was a glitch in the system? (It turned out they'd sold all the seats.)
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Any chance of LOT updating their current mobile app to make it a useful alternative to the desktop version?

No, thought not.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:09 pm

By desktop version you mean the website? Don't hold your breath.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
I am UA*G and have a UA award booking later this month in business class IST-WAW-LHR on TK/LO, with a 90 min connect time in WAW.

I have also tried to select seats online, but of course have failed. I assume I would be assigned a seat (whatever's left) on check in at IST, but is there any reasonable way of selecting a seat in advance?

Also, will I get the LO boarding pass at IST, or will I have to get one at WAW, and would the 90 minute connect time be sufficient?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
The only way is to call LOT. Such advanced feature like seat selection is not available on their new crappy webpage.
On business class you can select seat free of charge.

You should get all boarding pass on IST.
Grace B likes this.

Last edited by SPlDER; Sep 2, 2017 at 4:57 pm
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by SPlDER
The only way is to call LOT. Such advanced feature like seat selection is not available on their new crappy webpage.
On business class you can select seat free of charge.

You should get all boarding pass on IST.
Thanks, I decided to follow the OP's example and request a seat from LOT via Facebook. I received confirmation of my preferred seat within 30 minutes (1 am Warsaw time).

Really good service, if you know about it.
iLied likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:50 pm

I just wanted to add that i had the same problem as the OP. After looking at this post, I went through Facebook and the seat selection was completed in 5 minutes.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPlDER
The only way is to call LOT.
I got seats assigned at the Star Alliance ticket desk when passing through AMS. That works too.

Johan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.