New feature: where is this aircraft coming from

Old May 19, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
I have been using the function with United flights often, and it has given me indications of delays before United announces them. It’s also reassuring to see incoming flights being on time, to determine the likelihood of your flight, as a result, being on time.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Mid April I flew into the ORD 'snow chaos meltdown' because they had 2-3 inches of snow and bad winds. The app told me my flights aircraft was not affected and landing on time, so I was relaxed. Two hours before departure the UA ops switched aircraft and my flight was delayed by 90 mins. Again, incoming aircraft in a hub means nothing. LH switches aircraft around like crazy in MUC, especially in the A320 fleet as they have 2-4 spares. In FRA its even easier since they have the outside positions. As the A32S fleet has the new EFB, crews can adopt very fast.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: LH M+M
Yep.. tried it today with my final MUC-HAM leg... gate AND equipment changes like mad, app couldn't keep up :}
Old May 21, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Helped me yesterday know in advance I would misconnect (joy), incoming flight in the app showed as delayed before Google or my actual flight showed delayed.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Great to see that feature at LH (which has been available at other airlines for 10 years)
Old May 22, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by vantage03
Helped me yesterday know in advance I would misconnect (joy), incoming flight in the app showed as delayed before Google or my actual flight showed delayed.
Exactly the same for me. Had a 60-minute connection at FRA from BHX to WAW (so non-Schengen/Schengen transition). Pushback at BHX was 50 minutes late so even with the padding I figured that I had no chance of making it. Just before pushback I checked the app and the incoming was showing as likely to be delayed in arrival by 20 minutes (which turned out to be dead accurate). The bus transfer didn't help but I had a mad rush to A22, which involved going through security with a full body scan and having them look through my backpack. At least my passport scanned on the EasyPass machine this time (in MUC a few days earlier it had resolutely refused to scan on any of the machines I tried) and I was able to make it to the gate as pax were boarding (although I felt was close to cardiac arrest by the time I reached the gate). Needless to say, we got stuck in the bus for a while and then there were further delays for ATC clearance, so that pushback was around 50 minutes late for this flight also.

There was a woman on the BHX-FRA flight who was very anxious that she would miss her connection to BLQ. Unlike my WAW flight, the incoming had landed on time and she would only have had 20 minutes so no chance. She spent a long time talking with the FAs and purser about her situation and when we deplaned I saw that she had a direct transfer waiting for her. Lucky for some!
Old May 22, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Exactly the same for me. Had a 60-minute connection at FRA from BHX to WAW (so non-Schengen/Schengen transition). Pushback at BHX was 50 minutes late so even with the padding I figured that I had no chance of making it. Just before pushback I checked the app and the incoming was showing as likely to be delayed in arrival by 20 minutes (which turned out to be dead accurate). The bus transfer didn't help but I had a mad rush to A22, which involved going through security with a full body scan and having them look through my backpack. At least my passport scanned on the EasyPass machine this time (in MUC a few days earlier it had resolutely refused to scan on any of the machines I tried) and I was able to make it to the gate as pax were boarding (although I felt was close to cardiac arrest by the time I reached the gate). Needless to say, we got stuck in the bus for a while and then there were further delays for ATC clearance, so that pushback was around 50 minutes late for this flight also.

There was a woman on the BHX-FRA flight who was very anxious that she would miss her connection to BLQ. Unlike my WAW flight, the incoming had landed on time and she would only have had 20 minutes so no chance. She spent a long time talking with the FAs and purser about her situation and when we deplaned I saw that she had a direct transfer waiting for her. Lucky for some!
If I was not in a rush, I would definitely walk slower as possible in these kinds of situations as the MCT in FRA is definitely longer than 20 mins and if you don't make that flight on purpose, LH still has to rebook you to another flight for free and must pay EU261/2004 compensation if they can't find an alternative that lands within the 3 hour period.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If I was not in a rush, I would definitely walk slower as possible in these kinds of situations as the MCT in FRA is definitely longer than 20 mins and if you don't make that flight on purpose, LH still has to rebook you to another flight for free and must pay EU261/2004 compensation if they can't find an alternative that lands within the 3 hour period.
Well I see your point, but I think most of us would rather just get to our destinations on time.

That said, rushing through an airport is an awful experience
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Have to say this is a very good feature, I was informing the FCL Staff that my flight with an outside position in MUC was delayed & their in-house system didn’t show it, the App & FR24 we’re spot on ^
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The feature is showing up here and there on LH.com now:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.