FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH/OS Widebodies on regional routes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1969314-lh-os-widebodies-regional-routes.html)

bumsbude Oct 6, 17 4:36 pm

LH/OS Widebodies on regional routes
 
Don't know if we had this before.

Lufthansa will fly with the Queen of the Skies the "longhaul" route Frankfurt - Berlin-Tegel during November.

The Boeing 747-400 offers Business Class, Premium Economy (not bookable), and Economy. Though, the service should be domestic.

[Lufthansa Jumbo Jet innerdeutsch]

Fabo.sk Oct 9, 17 3:38 am

Y+ is prefered seating, should be available for SEN/HON and in OLCI for all.

UD C is bookable.

Apparently, C seats will be blocked from full adjustment range (lie-flat) for this flight.

ajeleonard Oct 9, 17 4:10 am


Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 28910028)
Apparently, C seats will be blocked from full adjustment range (lie-flat) for this flight.

You have to wonder why bother with the hassle of disabling it then re-enabling it prior to the next longhaul flight

Fabo.sk Oct 9, 17 4:29 am

I wonder as well.

Might be a good way to make a low cost "promotion" of the seat as well - if there are people flying there who could be potential long haul business customers - upgrade them, let them try it out, if just for a couple of minutes - maybe they'll decide biz is worth the price for long flights.

But who knows, I mean - it could literally be a question of pulling one circuit breaker for the maintenance.

I was also thinking they might just dedicate one 747 for this route, but that doesn't make sense with the schedule as they often have two flights without enough time to go back and forth for a single airplane.

(by the way - just noticed. For those looking for 747 flights, looks like Google Flights shows WiFi logo on 747 flights and only on those. So if you put in non-stop FRA-TXL and filter Lufthansa - just look for the logo)

Grog Oct 11, 17 7:33 am


Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 28910118)
I wonder as well.

Might be a good way to make a low cost "promotion" of the seat as well - if there are people flying there who could be potential long haul business customers - upgrade them, let them try it out, if just for a couple of minutes - maybe they'll decide biz is worth the price for long flights.

But who knows, I mean - it could literally be a question of pulling one circuit breaker for the maintenance.

If it's a promotion of the seat, it results in a promotion of a crippled seat...and thus does not impress. My personal opinion: the promotional aspect, if it was intended, backfires miserably.

Fabo.sk Oct 11, 17 7:37 am

Right - I mean, they should have the seat fully functional and consider it as a promo for longhaul business.

oliver2002 Oct 23, 17 10:29 am

LH is using spare A330 and A346 to TXL from MUC this week:

Code:

TNTXL/ALH2772                                                                 
** AMADEUS TIMETABLE - TN ** TXL TEGEL.DE                      23OCT17 30OCT17 
** KI ADLON KEMPINSKI BERLIN* BEST LOC *NEW LOBBY* FREE WIFI                   
** SEASONAL ESCAPES:SAVE 10 TO 30 PCT-FROM 274 EUR* >HAKIBERKE1               
 1  LH2772  1    MUC 2 TXL    0930    1035  0 23OCT17 23OCT17 346  1:05     
 2  LH2772  6    MUC 2 TXL    1200    1305  0 28OCT17 28OCT17 333  1:05     
 3  LH2772  2    MUC 2 TXL    1700    1805  0 24OCT17 24OCT17 346  1:05     
 4  LH2772  45  MUC 2 TXL    1730    1835  0 26OCT17 27OCT17 346  1:05     
NO MORE FLIGHTS  23OCT17  TO  30OCT17

FRA has two flights with a spare A343:
Code:

TNFRATXL/ALH172,LH176                                                         
** AMADEUS TIMETABLE - TN ** TXL TEGEL.DE                      23OCT17 30OCT17 
** KI ADLON KEMPINSKI BERLIN* BEST LOC *NEW LOBBY* FREE WIFI                   
** SEASONAL ESCAPES:SAVE 10 TO 30 PCT-FROM 274 EUR* >HAKIBERKE1               
 1  LH 172  1    FRA 1 TXL    0715    0825  0 23OCT17 23OCT17 343  1:10     
 2  LH 172  2345 FRA 1 TXL    0715    0825  0 24OCT17 27OCT17 321  1:10     
 3  LH 176  23  FRA 1 TXL    0845    0955  0 24OCT17 25OCT17 343  1:10     
 4  LH 176  145  FRA 1 TXL    0845    0955  0 23OCT17 30OCT17 321  1:10     
NO MORE FLIGHTS  23OCT17  TO  30OCT17                                         
CK ALT*DEST BER QPP QWB QWC SXF                                               
>

My guess is to support the traffic to from Berlin & BB during the school holidays there.

oliver2002 Feb 5, 18 2:43 am

LH is sending the A346 to TXL to cope with ITB traffic:

Code:

TN02MARTXL/ALH2050,LH2044,LH2722,LH2036
** AMADEUS TIMETABLE - TN ** TXL TEGEL.DE                      02MAR18 09MAR18
 1  LH2722  2    MUC 2 TXL    1030    1140  0 06MAR18 06MAR18 346  1:10
 2  LH2722  1    MUC 2 TXL    1030    1140  0 05MAR18 19MAR18 320  1:10
 3  LH2036  4    MUC 2 TXL    1100    1210  0 08MAR18 08MAR18 346  1:10
 4  LH2036  X4  MUC 2 TXL    1100    1210  0 02MAR18 09MAR18 321  1:10
 5  LH2044  57  MUC 2 TXL    1600    1710  0 04MAR18 11MAR18 320  1:10
 6  LH2044  24  MUC 2 TXL    1600    1710  0 06MAR18 08MAR18 346  1:10
 7  LH2044  15  MUC 2 TXL    1600    1710  0 02MAR18 05MAR18 32A  1:10
 8  LH2044  6    MUC 2 TXL    1600    1710  0 03MAR18 03MAR18 319  1:10
 9  LH2044  3    MUC 2 TXL    1630    1740  0 10JAN18 21MAR18 321  1:10
10  LH2050  7    MUC 2 TXL    1900    2010  0 04MAR18 04MAR18 32A  1:10
11  LH2050  5    MUC 2 TXL    1900    2010  0 02MAR18 09MAR18 346  1:10
12  LH2050  1234 MUC 2 TXL    1900    2010  0 01MAR18 08MAR18 321  1:10


dj_jay_smith Apr 24, 18 5:18 am

According to https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rvice-in-2q18/


Lufthansa during the month of May and June 2018 scheduled A340-600 operation on Munich – Palma Mallorca route, reflected in last week’s schedule update. A total of 6 flights will see the A340 operating, instead of A320/321. Planned A340-600 operation as follows.

LH1820 MUC1025 – 1230PMI 346 18MAY18
LH2660 MUC1550 – 1755PMI 346 19MAY18
LH1820 MUC1540 – 1745PMI 346 20MAY18
LH1820 MUC1000 – 1210PMI 346 01JUN18
LH2660 MUC1550 – 1755PMI 346 02JUN18
LH2660 MUC1515 – 1720PMI 346 03JUN18

LH1821 PMI1345 – 1550MUC 346 18MAY18
LH2661 PMI1910 – 2120MUC 346 19MAY18
LH1821 PMI1900 – 2105MUC 346 20MAY18
LH1821 PMI1320 – 1525MUC 346 01JUN18
LH2661 PMI1905 – 2115MUC 346 02JUN18
LH1821 PMI1825 – 2030MUC 346 03JUN18

dj_jay_smith May 7, 18 5:35 am

LH/OS Widebodies on regional routes
 
According to https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...may-july-2018/


Lufthansa between May and July 2018 is introducing Airbus A330-300 aircraft service on selected intra-European service, to/from Frankfurt. Planned A330-300 operation as follows. Note planned operational date/route/flight remains subject to change.

Frankfurt – Lisbon LH1166/1167
04MAY18 – 01JUN18 Day 135
08JUN18 – 27JUL18 Day 5 (Except 15JUN18)

Frankfurt – Moscow Domodedovo LH1440/1441
02JUN18 – 12JUN18 Day x5
13JUN18 – 21JUN18 Daily
23JUN18 – 31JUL18 Day x5

Frankfurt – Rome 01MAY18 – 31MAY18 LH230/231 Day x135

Fabo.sk May 8, 18 4:32 am


Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith (Post 29724338)

I know this is a bit offtopic, but could some SEN/HON please check for me if they can select an F seat on the a330 flights in May? I see them as blocked, but I have no status. (June and July seem to be scheduled on a plane with no F at all)

NewbieRunner May 9, 18 1:13 am


Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 29728571)
I know this is a bit offtopic, but could some SEN/HON please check for me if they can select an F seat on the a330 flights in May? I see them as blocked, but I have no status. (June and July seem to be scheduled on a plane with no F at all)

Which day did you try when you found F seats were blocked? I tried random dates in May but the aircraft seems to be without F.

Fabo.sk May 9, 18 4:33 am


Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 29732602)
Which day did you try when you found F seats were blocked? I tried random dates in May but the aircraft seems to be without F.

I checked the last May week (28th, 30th, 1st Jun) and all seem to have F cabin.. None further on though.

NewbieRunner May 9, 18 7:09 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 29733022)
I checked the last May week (28th, 30th, 1st Jun) and all seem to have F cabin.. None further on though.

I checked all three dates you listed. I can select seats in rows 1 & 2 but only C or H which don’t exist in F. The only available seats in rows 1 & 2 are actually C and H. Other seats (A, D, G and K) are marked “occupied” but I suspect they are blocked. It makes me wonder if the system is only letting me choose the seats which only exist in C because they don’t know for certain if it will be a 3-class or 4-class aircraft operating the flight. If it’s 3-class I stay in 1C and there may be someone in 1A. If it’s 4-class they’ll move me to 1A since 1C does not exist. Does it make sense?

I also checked EF and all flights show a 4-class configuration but all seats in rows 1&2 are blocked.

Even more OT but it reminds me of when LX sent a 343 to ATH in December. I had reserved 2F in Business but didn’t notice when I received my BP via email from Aegean (I was connecting in ATH) that my seat had been moved to 5F. I actually ended up in 5K (a window seat in the mini-cabin) since 5F did not exist on the 343.

Fabo.sk May 9, 18 10:27 am


Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 29733403)
I checked all three dates you listed. I can select seats in rows 1 & 2 but only C or H which don’t exist in F. The only available seats in rows 1 & 2 are actually C and H. Other seats (A, D, G and K) are marked “occupied” but I suspect they are blocked. It makes me wonder if the system is only letting me choose the seats which only exist in C because they don’t know for certain if it will be a 3-class or 4-class aircraft operating the flight. If it’s 3-class I stay in 1C and there may be someone in 1A. If it’s 4-class they’ll move me to 1A since 1C does not exist. Does it make sense?

I also checked EF and all flights show a 4-class configuration but all seats in rows 1&2 are blocked.

Interesting. I don't actually see C or H at all, only "occupied" A, D, G and K. This is on desktop btw.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f97c8fbf43.png

I also saw in EF these are marked as blocked, as opposed to occupied, so I thought they might be available to SEN upwards. Your theory makes sense as well, though in that case I would expect also the middle part to be open, so it might just as well be a glitch.

Well maybe someone will fly it and report the actual situation. The May dates didn't work out for me in the end, but I suppose a similar thing might happen in the future, and I'd just hate to take a flight like this for the F cabin specifically, only to end up with F cabin closed off. (It was bad enough I was kicked out off the upper deck on the 747 Berlin flight. At least I got to try out the nose, but still)

FWIW, the same situation seems to be true of the Rome flights.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:47 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.