Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Hamburg

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:00 am

Programs: LH (*gold) / EK / Flying Blue / BMI (*silver)
Originally Posted by pooh99
Too bad, I realy loved this check point was almost personal. Is there no entry to the lounge there at all or what did they do with it (employes only?)?
They closed this way from the upper level completely. But it shouldn´t be too much of a problem, as the "real" fastlane is now more aggressively guarded.

The new lounge is as nice as the old one with a little bit of new furniture. They introduced some café-like workplaces with power-outlets in front of the smoking area and changed the adjustment of the buffet-area. Thats it - IMHO not much of an improvement but a few more squaremeters.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
Gummi airplanes in HAM SEN lounge?

One of my favorite things in LH lounges is the gummi airplane candy. They've had them everywhere I've tried (FRA, MUC, DUS, DXB, IAD). It's usually peanuts, some nut snacks mix plus the gummi airplanes, in those three bowls.

But not in the Hamburg lounges - neither SEN nor C. Instead there were nuts, wasabi nuts and something else. Is it just HAM, or are they now gone from everywhere?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Kanaman
One of my favorite things in LH lounges is the gummi airplane candy. They've had them everywhere I've tried (FRA, MUC, DUS, DXB, IAD). It's usually peanuts, some nut snacks mix plus the gummi airplanes, in those three bowls.

But not in the Hamburg lounges - neither SEN nor C. Instead there were nuts, wasabi nuts and something else. Is it just HAM, or are they now gone from everywhere?
They are still around, I saw them in several places recently and actually thought that is one thing they could save...
Everybody has different taste though... ^
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Mid-Feb, there still were gummi candy in HAM
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: LH SEN*2

MUC, neither airplane candy nor Haribo, but some other similar, so still there (Senator duckies)

No, they will play with fire if they are trying to remove them, 4U ok, I can survive, but that would go to far
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
They can enhance the dreadful pasta dishes if they want, but let me keep my gummi airplanes and the delicious soups!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I did notice last Monday (4th) that the usual gummi-bears were missing over by the second coffee machine in the SEN lounge. If you're stuck, you can pickup a packet from P&B just under the lounge, or if you're passing the Hamburg Airport lounge (over the airside food area) they tend to have the Haribo Rado-mix available. Will report from my next visit...
Old May 5, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Lounge Hamburg

I am wondering how many HON or (indirect) FCL travel start in Hamburg. This week I was twice traveling from HAM (by coincident while haven't been here for 2-3 years) and must say the LH lounges are dated, full both times, the food (cabbage soup) was not really attracting, etc. In both lounges business and Senator the same! I am not talking about the lounge dragons (they are in most lounges not very attentive to valuable customers). In general I somehow felt going back in ages and no separate FCL/HON section too (like in BRU which is great).

Last edited by HKG1111; May 5, 2019 at 10:56 am
Old May 5, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: LH HON
Uhm. Except for hubs and very few intercontinental stations (Jfk, iad come to mind), pretty much no senator lounge has a hon section and they are all more or less the same - why should HAM be different?
Old May 5, 2019, 4:11 pm

BTW, there are a lot of rich people in Hamburg and a lot of business. I see a lot red/silver envelopes waking into the lounges when I depart from HAM (have lived there 2 years, now I’m just visiting quite a lot)

but as already said, what should they have FCL? LH only operates FCLs where their F flights depart. And to be honest, HAM is so close to the city and such a small airport that I really go there with more than 30 minutes before boarding. So a place to get a coffee and a place to sit down for 30 mins is all I need.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by fassy
And to be honest, HAM is so close to the city and such a small airport that I really go there with more than 30 minutes before boarding. So a place to get a coffee and a place to sit down for 30 mins is all I need.
To be honest, I do sometimes, when the weather is nice, go there 15 minutes early just to enjoy a drink on the patio: no glass wall, just the smell of jet fuel.

sw1x likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
As mentioned upthread, there used to be a separate security for F/C leading to the SEN/C lounge complex. Sadly HAM abandoned that concept, probably to capture the premium pax traffic to be guided thru their shopping complex post security. Otherwise the SEN lounge is fine: great views, OK food and the desk staff is helpful if asked (I had a weather dealy on my flight and the agent contacted the gate of the earlier flight to see if I could be accomodated).
sw1x likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.