Eurowings Turnaround at Dubrovnik

Old Apr 26, 19, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA Gold/1MM, AA GLD
Eurowings Turnaround at Dubrovnik

I am looking at a flight from MUC - DBV that gets in around 810 and departs at 850 on Eurowings. I've never been to DBV, so is this doable (i.e. does the arrival go into the main departures hall or do I have to go through customs and then go through security again before boarding)

Thank you
Old Apr 26, 19, 1:25 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by TechMarauder View Post
I am looking at a flight from MUC - DBV that gets in around 810 and departs at 850 on Eurowings. I've never been to DBV, so is this doable (i.e. does the arrival go into the main departures hall or do I have to go through customs and then go through security again before boarding)

Thank you
Itís a small airport so doable, Eurowings wonít pay for jet bridge so you will have to walk or be bussed into international arrivals, passport control & a walk past customs officers exiting the baggage claim area.
For sure you would have time to do all the formalities & re board.
Old Apr 26, 19, 2:52 pm

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver - renewed on only four sectors and no other OW flying, is BA desperate?.
DBV security can be horrible so I would see what else is happening at the same time as you are there. Remember also it's a holiday destination where many people only travel once or twice a year and IME that slows things up considerably. If all works you should be able to do it but it won't need much to go wrong for a fail.
Old Apr 26, 19, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. So you think it’s reasonable to go through immigration check, security check , and board?
is there a way to stay in the international area or do all incoming passengers have to go immediately through immigration?
Old Apr 26, 19, 3:17 pm

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver - renewed on only four sectors and no other OW flying, is BA desperate?.
I don't think DBV has any airside transfer so you will need to clear immigration twice. Croatia is getting ready to join the Schengen area and the last time I was there they were being particularly thorough with checks. I also remember that they use their own unique software and it was impossible to do on line check in or get a boarding pass before getting to the airport so taking that into account this may be something that won't work because by the time you get to check in it might well be closed

I was last on OS and I said something to one of the crew about the boarding pass issue and she laughed and said it was DBV and there were always problems!

The more I think, I wouldn't do it.
Old Apr 27, 19, 12:49 am

Thank you. So you think itís reasonable to go through immigration check, security check , and board?
is there a way to stay in the international area or do all incoming passengers have to go immediately through immigration?
Itís reasonable, since itís such a small airport, your flight could be the only one being processed but you could be unlucky & be doing it with multiple flights being processed & then there could be delays at immigration on arrival & departure security but they ought to be just a few minutes.

As far as I know there is no transfer facility so all pax must follow the inbound & outbound international process.

Online checkin is handled by DBV, you are rerouted to their website & itís buggy but if you persist it works in the end, never been unable to checkin online but thatís vis LH, OS & OU

There are much easier airports to do back to back in EU
Old Apr 27, 19, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback!
Old Apr 27, 19, 9:14 am

Thanks for the feedback!
Welcome, do let us know how it goes, if you do it

Search this Thread