Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I received a strange email from Lufthansa.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: skyawards| miles and more|A3
I received a strange email from Lufthansa.Can you help to explain?

Hello I just received an email from Lufthansa with subject “your risk coverage certificate” with a pdf file but I cannot understand what it is can someone explain to me what it is and what to do?
Thank you.

Last edited by manos2011; Apr 23, 2019 at 2:39 am
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: LH HON
did you book a hotel etc. as part of your travel?

so called "Pauschalreisen" (travel where flight, hotel etc. come as a package deal) require this certificate (Sicherungsschein) in case of the operator going bankrupt.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:48 am
Original Poster

No i never book anything else as a combination only the air ticket.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:25 am

I guess you signed the travel insurance option?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
I guess you signed the travel insurance option?
No I haven’t choose any insurance in any of my previous or future bookings.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:31 am

Did you check this is legit from LH? Maybe you got scammed and opening the PDF attachment you got some nasty bug riding the file....
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Did you check this is legit from LH? Maybe you got scammed and opening the PDF attachment you got some nasty bug riding the file....
yes it was the official mail. Also i called the the local office but they have no clue and the operator was kinda rude.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
It says that you can call a number if you have questions. I suggest you verify the number before you call it.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
The street address in Cologne (Linnicher Str. 48) is not the address of Lufthansa, although they seem to have a small IT office there.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marbe166
The street address in Cologne (Linnicher Str. 48) is not the address of Lufthansa, although they seem to have a small IT office there.
I talked to LH via facebook and told me that:
(also apply if you book with booking.com/miles and more where I always book my hotels)
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by manos2011

I talked to LH via facebook and told me that:
(also apply if you book with booking.com/miles and more where I always book my hotels)
Seems like another nonsense regulation... only if an hotel has been booked with a LH affiliated website they would have the chance to even know a hotel has been booked? Obviously the easiest would be just to attach this kind of certificate to the e-ticket receipt and be done with it. Still not sure, what you should do with it? What does it cover? That the airline goes bust?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Seems like another nonsense regulation... only if an hotel has been booked with a LH affiliated website they would have the chance to even know a hotel has been booked? Obviously the easiest would be just to attach this kind of certificate to the e-ticket receipt and be done with it. Still not sure, what you should do with it? What does it cover? That the airline goes bust?
honestly I have no idea the only thing that I know I have plenty active hotel bookings via bookings.com/miles and more so I guess I have to print it I guess just in case of an emergency???
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:22 am

Such an insurance is required for packages in the EU, and covers against the insolvency of any of the involved parties. That's why you don't get one for a pure airline ticket booking, since that is not a package. And if you book the hotel somewhere else and not through the airline website, it's also not a package booking.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fireflyer05
Such an insurance is required for packages in the EU, and covers against the insolvency of any of the involved parties. That's why you don't get one for a pure airline ticket booking, since that is not a package. And if you book the hotel somewhere else and not through the airline website, it's also not a package booking.
yes but I haven’t booked as package but separate. The air tickets in LH.com and the hotels at booking.com. These are separate companies but they have “contract” each other to earn miles.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
This is an insurance in case one of the airlines mentioned in the certificate goes bankrupt.
  • Air Dolomiti
  • Austrian
  • Eurowings
  • Edelweiss
  • Brussel
  • Swiss
Yes you would get your money back in such a case. This kind of insurance is mandatory for packaged trips. Do you fly with one of the mentioned airlines and booked via LH.com? IMHO LH becomes the travel agency for this airlines and needs to have this kind of insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.