Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I received a strange email from Lufthansa.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:24 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Fireflyer05
Such an insurance is required for packages in the EU, and covers against the insolvency of any of the involved parties. That's why you don't get one for a pure airline ticket booking, since that is not a package. And if you book the hotel somewhere else and not through the airline website, it's also not a package booking.
I remember when this was introduced after a package tour operator went belly-up and left thousands of customers stranded. There was discussion whether this insurance should also be required for individual non-packaged flights, but the airline lobby was successful in convincing the legislators that an airline insolvency would be so unlikely that this would only be a financial burden to the airlines. (My thought at that time: if it's so unlikely, premiums would be unbelievably low.)

We now know how many airlines filed for bancruptcy since the legislation with a huge loop-hole was enacted, and every time customers are stranded again I wonder why this legislation is not being ammended to include airlines as well.

HTB.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by manos2011
yes but I haven’t booked as package but separate. The air tickets in LH.com and the hotels at booking.com. These are separate companies but they have “contract” each other to earn miles.
Did you also go to booking.com through an affiliate link at the end of your air ticket booking on the airline website? Or is the only connection the miles&more number which you provided on booking.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.