Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH778 FRA-SIN 10APR - allowed to take off after curfew?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by BrianUA800
April 17 LH779 was cancelled. LH778 arrived on time (landed 7min late according to flightradar24).
Any one know the reason for the cancellation ? I am taking this route next week. The trend is quite worrying.
That would have to be technical, since the aircraft was at SIN for 6 hrs.

I take this route regularly & it’s one of the most punctual, seems to me an extraordinary run of bad luck
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by BrianUA800
April 17 LH779 was cancelled. LH778 arrived on time (landed 7min late according to flightradar24).
Any one know the reason for the cancellation ? I am taking this route next week. The trend is quite worrying.
Per a post in the Newbie thread, an unlucky F pax reported it was an air con issue.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by htb
Did you check the rent of housing close to the airport?

Did you consider that the airport was not what it is today when peoaple moved there 30 years asgo? Especially the opening of a new runway can considerably change and extend the noise carpet that was accepted when moving there. And there were probably no flights during these hours either.

(...)
The curfew really sucks -- but considering that the airport is surrounded by villages and cities that have existed since long before the airport, it's completely justified.

HTB.

Originally Posted by planestupid
I sincerely hope you will get to enjoy living in a busy airport's approach for part of your life. Aircraft noise does make people sick and no fewer than 250.000 residents around Frankfurt airport suffer from aircraft noise. It is fair to give them a break at night and the curfew is essential for that.
yes I checked the rents as I have been living very close (less than 10km) from a major airport in Germany for about a year. Planes were taking of literally above our house so I know what I am talking.
I fully understand that people need some quietness to sleep. But no one forces anyone to live next to a runway. Therefore I find it difficult to find sympathy for those who complain.
My point is that the curfew should be handled with more flexibility. Forcing planes that are fully ready to depart to stay on the ground is extremely annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.