Limousine Transfer at Frankfurt

Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Consistently worked for me even on separate tickets. They monitor this fantastically well.
Good but how did they know, you had them link the PNR’s or checked baggage through ?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:51 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
On a single through ticket, if your LON flight arrives at an apron position you will be picked up at the aircraft, you will be given a choice where you are dropped off, they will usually suggest the F lounge which is most appropriate, it does not include any gate arrivals.
Originally Posted by daumueller
which also includes passport control coming from LON...

i‘d go for B and just use the FCL B (IF the LHR flight arrives on the apron)
If you ask to be taken to the FCL B on arrival from the UK do you have to clear security or do they let you into the FCL through a ‘special’ door?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you ask to be taken to the FCL B on arrival from the UK do you have to clear security or do they let you into the FCL through a ‘special’ door?
Special door but being FRA it’s not always available, so advisable to ask the driver if you can go directly to FCLB without the need for security, they can then call their control & check.
NewbieRunner likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer

Which I cannot confirm at all. Works pretty well on my London flights on separate tickets, I can second what f4freejun wrote.

Good but how did they know, you had them link the PNR’s or checked baggage through ?
Good question. Could be the bags but I don't always fly with checked luggage. They can of course also see it in my profile with my M&M number in the bookings.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Good question. Could be the bags but I don't always fly with checked luggage. They can of course also see it in my profile with my M&M number in the bookings.
Having been in the OP’s room at FRA & seen how they do it at FRA it would need to be checked bags or a request to link PNR’s it’s an amazing operation but they are not sychic
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Over the last few years, my estimated pick-up rate from apron positions, even on separate tickets, is north of 75 percent, but there were occasions when I didn’t get a car.
Yes, by definition there would be occasions where you didn't get a car if you were picked up 75% of the time...
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum

Having been in the OP’s room at FRA & seen how they do it at FRA it would need to be checked bags or a request to link PNR’s it’s an amazing operation but they are not sychic
Yes they aren't psychic, and they will insist that since they are separate tickets there is no contract to provide a connection between the flights as they do with tickets on the same itinerary.

To be fair, now that I think about it, I've been in this situation only once (the other times my plane parked at a gate), so I can't comment further. But this is what was told to me.

I even posted a thread here about it and everyone, including folks ITT, basically said "I told you so."
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sophialite

Yes they aren't psychic, and they will insist that since they are separate tickets there is no contract to provide a connection between the flights as they do with tickets on the same itinerary.
Exactly

It’s a distinct HON benefit

If you link the PNR’s or have checked bags they will try but only subject to availability of drivers/ cars & they do grade the priority list
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub

Yes but passport control at the A exit with auto gates is so easy ^
This statement is valid for British National valid until the 31-Oct-19 only, as I would assume, they have to queue up at the Non-EU counters then, which are not automated.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by athome
This statement is valid for British National valid until the 31-Oct-19 only, as I would assume, they have to queue up at the Non-EU counters then, which are not automated.

I assume you will be proved wrong
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub

I assume you will be proved wrong
Why? If the UK leaves the EU without an agreement (Hard Brexit), UK national are regarded as any national outside of the EU. The only advantage UK national will have is that they do not need a visa to enter the EU (see excerpt from ETIAS site).
https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-news/etias-visa-how-will-it-affect-uk-citizens

Quote:

The EU Commission has confirmed that UK citizens will need to pay a fee to visit Europe after Brexit. From 2021, when British citizens travel to Europe they will need to complete the online ETIAS application formbefore setting off.

UK citizens will not need to apply for a Schengen Visa like many other nationalities. On February 1, 2019, the European Council said: “EU ambassadors today agreed that, following Brexit, UK citizens coming to the Schengen area for a short stay (90 days in any 180 days) should be granted visa-free travel.”
Even though there are many things that are still uncertain for Britain, one thing British citizens won't have to worry about is applying for a visa to visit EU member countries. On April 4th, the European Parliament passed a law in Brussels by 502 votes to 81. The law establishes that Britons can travel to Europe visa-free. Euro-MPs ruled that anyone with British citizenship traveling to mainland Europe for stays under 90 days is not expected to get a visa.
However, implementation of the law is conditioned. Members of parliament also said this is conditional upon the UK granting EU nationals the same benefits. This means British travelers will only be visa-exempt as long as EU citizens can enter the UK without a visa.
British travelers will still need to apply for ETIAS. ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) is the name given to the new travel authorization system which will be a requirement for British citizens and 60 other nationalities who can currently visit Europe visa-free.
While the UK is still a member of the EU, UK citizens traveling to Europe only need their passport to enter the other member countries. However, this will change after Brexit and, from 2021, ETIAS for British citizens will be a requirement.
The ETIAS visa waiver for Europe is being developed to improve the security and border control of Europe following concerns over terrorism and immigration. It will be similar to both the US (ESTA) and Canadian (eTA) models which have already been implemented.
When people apply for ETIAS, they will be screened using a number of European security databases including Interpol and Europol. Anyone who poses a security threat will be identified and prevented from reaching European soil.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why? If the UK leaves the EU without an agreement (Hard Brexit), UK national are regarded as any national outside of the EU. The only advantage UK national will have is that they do not need a visa to enter the EU (see excerpt from ETIAS site).
https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-news/etias-visa-how-will-it-affect-uk-citizens

Quote:

The EU Commission has confirmed that UK citizens will need to pay a fee to visit Europe after Brexit. From 2021, when British citizens travel to Europe they will need to complete the online ETIAS application formbefore setting off.

UK citizens will not need to apply for a Schengen Visa like many other nationalities. On February 1, 2019, the European Council said: “EU ambassadors today agreed that, following Brexit, UK citizens coming to the Schengen area for a short stay (90 days in any 180 days) should be granted visa-free travel.”
Even though there are many things that are still uncertain for Britain, one thing British citizens won't have to worry about is applying for a visa to visit EU member countries. On April 4th, the European Parliament passed a law in Brussels by 502 votes to 81. The law establishes that Britons can travel to Europe visa-free. Euro-MPs ruled that anyone with British citizenship traveling to mainland Europe for stays under 90 days is not expected to get a visa.
However, implementation of the law is conditioned. Members of parliament also said this is conditional upon the UK granting EU nationals the same benefits. This means British travelers will only be visa-exempt as long as EU citizens can enter the UK without a visa.
British travelers will still need to apply for ETIAS. ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) is the name given to the new travel authorization system which will be a requirement for British citizens and 60 other nationalities who can currently visit Europe visa-free.
While the UK is still a member of the EU, UK citizens traveling to Europe only need their passport to enter the other member countries. However, this will change after Brexit and, from 2021, ETIAS for British citizens will be a requirement.
The ETIAS visa waiver for Europe is being developed to improve the security and border control of Europe following concerns over terrorism and immigration. It will be similar to both the US (ESTA) and Canadian (eTA) models which have already been implemented.
When people apply for ETIAS, they will be screened using a number of European security databases including Interpol and Europol. Anyone who poses a security threat will be identified and prevented from reaching European soil.
Cheers , so nice to see the Entente Cordiale is flourishing

I maintain my position, you may have noticed nothing is settled yet
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:16 pm

My quote is the EU's official statement for a coordinated Brexit (assuming the House of Commons accepts the negotiated deal one day). Even if everything goes well, UK nationals will not be able to enter via the automated gates. Or nationals from the other mentioned 60 nations will be capable to do so also.

PS: The UK is either in or out. Brits have to learn that they cannot have the butter and the money for the butter. It's entirely the UK's choice.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My quote is the EU's official statement for a coordinated Brexit (assuming the House of Commons accepts the negotiated deal one day). Even if everything goes well, UK nationals will not be able to enter via the automated gates. Or nationals from the other mentioned 60 nations will be capable to do so also.

PS: The UK is either in or out. Brits have to learn that they cannot have the butter and the money for the butter. It's entirely the UK's choice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.