Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New M&M UI [website] started April 11, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Can't you book the awards over the phone? I think I have not used the M&M web page to book an award for years (except maybe last spring when the agents couldn't see a condor award space to HRG).
Not SMART awards and the agents here try to stick me with booking fees.

Krisflyer wanted ungodly surcharges .... in the end I gave up and used a OneWorld award with one stop more. I take the corporal punishment that my wife will dish out over wasting some 250 EUR in scam sur-surcharges.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
M&L worked for me online today & got a nice award on SQ with very little in fees the fact it worked came as a tremendous shock & I now need a stiff drink
vantage03 likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Usually I dream with online booking tool and I call mainly for the SEN WL and 5 day hold
Old May 2, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
Was calling LH customer service center in the US (had to look 5 min through the page to find the number) about a different issue. At the end of the call, told the rep how the new UI is terrible and he agreed and noted that LH is aware of it and has gotten a lot of negative feedback already. He said the issue was the the previous contract with the provider ran out/ cancelled, so they had to build a new wepage in a hurry. So hopefully, they'll come up with something more user friendly soon...
Old May 3, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by br0snic
Was calling LH customer service center in the US (had to look 5 min through the page to find the number) about a different issue. At the end of the call, told the rep how the new UI is terrible and he agreed and noted that LH is aware of it and has gotten a lot of negative feedback already. He said the issue was the the previous contract with the provider ran out/ cancelled, so they had to build a new wepage in a hurry. So hopefully, they'll come up with something more user friendly soon...
Gotta love that awesome planning on LH's part if this explanation has any ring of truth to it. Very Germanic.
moreaki likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: LH SEN *
There's been an improvement, the Upgrade Awards table with country chart is back:
https://www.miles-and-more.com/conte...e_EN_04_19.pdf
Old May 3, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: LH HON**
Web allowing award seat booking of flights that call center claim have no availability (and I repeated the search while speaking to the agent).

Not possible to web search or web book travels like out to SFO and return from LAX.

Still no web visibility of award seats on other carriers (eg SQ), but available by phone.

To top it off, the agent reminded me that I should book before 9 May, or miles needed will go up.

Sigh.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:12 am

Does anyone has problem with sending msg to MM? I can't send it over web and also over app.... would just like to get miles for 2 flights
Old May 6, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: LX HON
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Gotta love that awesome planning on LH's part if this explanation has any ring of truth to it. Very Germanic.
I also highly doubt that that's how it went down.

Miles & More could publish an open API on how to get/put the necessary data/information and have people build their own tools or website. And offer a 300k miles award to the best submission of a working UI redesign. I don't think it's incompetence that featured us this web page, rather than a lack of thorough executive decision on adequate IT investment. Since it looks like the page is pulling data for display from a certain amount of distinctively different systems, I wonder if the chosen Adobe Experience Manager stack was the right approach. Especially, since the rate of CRM related updates is rather low.

Right now hitting "Status Management" yields endless login attempts loops, with cookies reset and the domain whitelisted on all add-ons .
Old May 7, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by moreaki
Right now hitting "Status Management" yields endless login attempts loops, with cookies reset and the domain whitelisted on all add-ons .
Try clearing your cache as well.

Although to be fair, this was a "feature" of the old site as well...
moreaki likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Tried clicking around M&M today, checking upgrade and flight awards. The random mix of English, Polish and German is just wonderful. I'm lucky I speak all three of those. I'm just afraid it will switch to French or Dutch (or both) after my flight to BRU, and that's gonna be worse.

Also, tried booking something on LH.com. Similar breakages, just on a lesser scale (random switches to German). Plus the message on top of the site is about the French strike in English on the English website, but says "regular flights expected on Jan 16th" if you manage to switch to Polish (the message is in English, though).

This pile of (censored) is unbelievable. I've worked for two major IT corporations, one German, one American. If a release of such a broken product somehow ever happened in any of them, it would have been rolled back on day one and the managers would have some hard explaining to do (or even get fired).

A five star website. :P
Old May 8, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: LX HON
Originally Posted by supine
Try clearing your cache as well.

Although to be fair, this was a "feature" of the old site as well...
I wish it were that easy. Did that twice, and still a no go. Can't access the status-management overview if my life depended on it. So far, the new web page has brought me the following joys:
  • the need to reduce the view-port or zoom settings to 80% to be able to use the website (the swiss.com is only usable at 65% on my MBP, especially if you have 20+ open bookings)
  • status-management is not accessible anymore for the past 4 days for me, it was before though for a brief moment in history after the disastrous roll-out.
  • no more statistics on number of flights taken, top-10 overviews, number of hours flown, etc.
  • no more status stars information (the counter sometimes stops for up to half a year, which to me is incomprehensible unless they have some monkeys running our accounts manually)
  • no accessible information on select miles in either the general my overview or the mileage account overview.
  • select benefits overview is gone: no easily accessible information anymore and the "Choose your benefit under Miles & More Selections now" link is gone in the Inbox.
  • {SALUATION} entries, where clearly nobody tested all pages of the web page before rolling out.

Thanks for your help though.
chris63 and Flying Victor like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by marcoos
The random mix of English, Polish and German is just wonderful.
My favorite is

Ihre Select Benefits Pan (and my name here)

Old May 8, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Yes it feels like LH.com has got worse and randomly switches to German. I had to book a lot of flights today and it was the worst experience I’ve ever had using an airline website. Heads would roll for this in any company I’ve worked with, it’s comically bad. I was wondering how much business they’ve lost because people simply couldn’t book their travel.
moreaki likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
Yes it feels like LH.com has got worse and randomly switches to German. I had to book a lot of flights today and it was the worst experience I’ve ever had using an airline website. Heads would roll for this in any company I’ve worked with, it’s comically bad. I was wondering how much business they’ve lost because people simply couldn’t book their travel.
Second this, it took way to long for me & also they keep forcing German on me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.