Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New M&M UI [website] started April 11, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Gotta love these emails I still get that say I have 0 miles. And I'm 100k miles away from HON.

Old May 10, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: LH HON**
Almost fell off my chair this morning: non-LH Group carrier award seats are now visible online again.
Woohoo...

Edit: but now we are after the 9 May mileage increase date. What a coincidence.

Last edited by Vixit; May 10, 2019 at 2:12 am
Old May 11, 2019, 5:02 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
So apparently it's possible to access all the user specific pages without being logged in:

Furthermore the website is constantly crashing my browsers! Dagnammit!

Last edited by Nick Art; May 11, 2019 at 5:19 am
Old May 11, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not logged in, ahh yes that would be the new convenience feature .
Old May 12, 2019, 2:02 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Are we discussing M&M or Lufthansa.com? Websites or apps? They all seem to be broken but it would help if posters can specify which interface they are referring to.

A couple of examples I have come across.
Using lufthansa app (on iPad) I tried to book an open jaw multi-city itinerary.

Flight 1 AAA - BBB on Wednesday
Flight 2 BBB - CCC on Thursday
Flight 3 CCC - DDD on Sunday

I selected a flight in each leg but the next screen displays the flights and dates jumbled up.

flight 1 CCC - DDD on Wednesday
flight 2 BBB - CCC on Thursday
Flight 3 AAA -BBB on Sunday

So I went to Lufthansa’s website in English
https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/homepage

Selecting “Multi-city flights” gives me an error message that “the requested page could not be found” in German.

If I select Flüge on the error message screen I am taken to a page (Erweiterte Suche or Advanced Search) on which everything except the heading is in English and which gives me a Multi-stop flights option. After I start entering origin, destination and date, the whole screen changes back to German.

I have come across other errors but one thing at a time.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: LH SEN
I like the way the retroclaim page just displays a spinning circle forever.

Is there an old version of the UI still available somewhere?
Old May 13, 2019, 9:03 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
What happened to all the airline specific pages with the mileage redemption tables? I was trying to look up how much it'd cost to upgrade an Asiana J (U) flight into F, but the only page I can find anymore is this one, which frankly i think is an absolute joke:

It basically says: Call your local (haha) miles and more redemption team!
And no, I can't switch it to english.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If you scroll down on that page you see this table?

Old May 14, 2019, 1:41 am

The android app is broken this morning - not displaying any flights now.

Should they just not rollback this disaster?
Old May 22, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: LX HON
Originally Posted by moreaki
I wish it were that easy. Did that twice, and still a no go. Can't access the status-management overview if my life depended on it. So far, the new web page has brought me the following joys:
  • the need to reduce the view-port or zoom settings to 80% to be able to use the website (the swiss.com is only usable at 65% on my MBP, especially if you have 20+ open bookings)
  • status-management is not accessible anymore for the past 4 days for me, it was before though for a brief moment in history after the disastrous roll-out.
  • no more statistics on number of flights taken, top-10 overviews, number of hours flown, etc.
  • no more status stars information (the counter sometimes stops for up to half a year, which to me is incomprehensible unless they have some monkeys running our accounts manually)
  • no accessible information on select miles in either the general my overview or the mileage account overview.
  • select benefits overview is gone: no easily accessible information anymore and the "Choose your benefit under Miles & More Selections now" link is gone in the Inbox.
  • {SALUATION} entries, where clearly nobody tested all pages of the web page before rolling out.
Thanks for your help though.
Update (2019/05/22), all entries are with regard to the https://www.miles-and-more.com web page accessed through a Firefox browser (66.0.5) on OSX (10.14.5):
  • FEATURE: the need to reduce the view-port or zoom settings to 80% to be able to properly use the website (the swiss.com is only usable at 65% on my MBP, especially if you have 20+ open bookings)
  • FIXED: status-management is not accessible anymore for the past 4 days for me, it was before though for a brief moment in history after the disastrous roll-out.
  • FEATURE: no more statistics on number of flights taken, top-10 overviews, number of hours flown, etc.
  • WORKAROUND: no more status stars information (Irrelevant to the issue: the counter sometimes stops for up to half a year, which to me is incomprehensible unless they have some monkeys running our accounts manually)
    • The workaround is to access the mamcomstate storage information from the browser. Something along the lines of this works (on my OSX):
    • cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Firefox/Profiles/*.default/webappsstore.sqlite test.sqlite && sqlite3 test.sqlite 'SELECT value FROM webappsstore2 WHERE key="mamcomstate"' jq -rc .customer.member.statusStarPoints jq .
    • Someone knowledgeable about this could write a nice browser plugin (Greasemonkey) to fix the web page and add the missing parts.
    • The wealth of information in the mamcomstate JSON data is quite interesting. I wonder why the available data is not displayed on the profile/account information. For example:
      • Expected date of new status star
      • Travel preference
      • Permissions: behaviouralPermission (which cannot be deselected)
      • fraudScore
      • balanceData: AWD, EVO for overdraftCredit, expiringWithinQuarter, balance, earnedTotal
      • balanceData: STA, HON, FRQ, GUP, HOP, SEL, STP for collectedThisYear, collectedLastYear, and collectedYearBeforeLast
      • account info for AWD: currencyExpirationPeriodList
      • account info for EVO: currencyExpirationPeriodList
  • FIXED: no accessible information on select miles in either the general my overview or the mileage account overview.
  • FIXED: select benefits overview is gone: no easily accessible information anymore and the "Choose your benefit under Miles & More Selections now" link is gone in the Inbox.
  • UNKNOWN: {SALUATION} entries, where clearly nobody tested all pages of the web page before rolling out.
  • NEW: https://www.miles-and-more.com/us/en...dit-cards.html shows "Page not Found"
The web application has to a large degree been implemented by NetCentric with the help of Cognizant (https://www.netcentric.biz/insights/...-and-more.html) using frameworks developed by the former Day Management AG company from Switzerland. Since I personally know the CEO of NetCentric, I'm contemplating of contacting him for further information on this questionable (for us the end-users) roll-out. Comments in the client code as well as this press release show how this most probably was a political management decision and no careful due diligence for the technology stack was performed.

The overview linked above states:
The implementation process has involved 36,000 lines of Java code, 70,500 lines of Javascript and over 15,500 Jira tickets until this point.
This would unfortunately explain the buggy release to a certain degree and indicates that issues will potentially take a long time to be addressed.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: LX HON
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Are we discussing M&M or Lufthansa.com? Websites or apps? They all seem to be broken but it would help if posters can specify which interface they are referring to.

A couple of examples I have come across.
Using lufthansa app (on iPad) I tried to book an open jaw multi-city itinerary.

Flight 1 AAA - BBB on Wednesday
Flight 2 BBB - CCC on Thursday
Flight 3 CCC - DDD on Sunday

I selected a flight in each leg but the next screen displays the flights and dates jumbled up.

flight 1 CCC - DDD on Wednesday
flight 2 BBB - CCC on Thursday
Flight 3 AAA -BBB on Sunday

So I went to Lufthansa’s website in English
https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/homepage

Selecting “Multi-city flights” gives me an error message that “the requested page could not be found” in German.

If I select Flüge on the error message screen I am taken to a page (Erweiterte Suche or Advanced Search) on which everything except the heading is in English and which gives me a Multi-stop flights option. After I start entering origin, destination and date, the whole screen changes back to German.

I have come across other errors but one thing at a time.
Is this helpful: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31128456-post85.html
Old May 23, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, LH, Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite
It's 2019, how a German company can't get a web site right is just completely beyond my comprehension.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Since yesterday morning, the new website does not show any, but the last, transaction on my M&M account anymore. All gone. At least the total is still what it should be.
Hopefully only a temporary problem. Anybody has the same problem?

At least it dramatically reduces the number to complaints about mileage credits, if you do not see anymore how many miles were credited for what and when ...
kttosia likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
After update new M&M app lost almost all history of flights.
Only last 4 segments + (sic!) random 2 flights from month ago.

I guess we must be all here very happy that new system did not just loose all our miles...
Old May 29, 2019, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Raul_R
After update new M&M app lost almost all history of flights

I guess we must be all here very happy that new system did not just loose all our miles...
Keep your fingers crossed that’s not the next thing to happen.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.