MUC-TBS

Reply

Old Apr 1, 19, 9:31 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Posts: 2,165
MUC-TBS

Hello all,

I'm booked on the above flight in a few weeks, departing MUC at 22:15, arriving TBS at 4:05 the next morning on an A320 in Business. Am I right in assuming that this is a standard short haul aircraft?

Has anybody been on this flight and can shed some light on what the experience is like?
LCY8737 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 19, 9:37 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Posts: 2,506
Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post
Hello all,

I'm booked on the above flight in a few weeks, departing MUC at 22:15, arriving TBS at 4:05 the next morning on an A320 in Business. Am I right in assuming that this is a standard short haul aircraft?

Has anybody been on this flight and can shed some light on what the experience is like?
Yes, it is the regular A320 and the business class experience is exactly what you expect: LH is a business and class is nowhere in sight. So you will have not 2 but 4 hours in the NEK seat! With a pillow or two and a middle-of-the-night arrival.

Same for EVN and GYD, the Caucasus have drawn LH-group’s short straw. Spending 3 hours in IST waiting for a flight in the middle of the night doesn’t sounds so bad in comparison...
MichielR is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 19, 10:36 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Posts: 2,165
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post


Yes, it is the regular A320 and the business class experience is exactly what you expect: LH is a business and class is nowhere in sight. So you will have not 2 but 4 hours in the NEK seat! With a pillow or two and a middle-of-the-night arrival.

Same for EVN and GYD, the Caucasus have drawn LH-groupís short straw. Spending 3 hours in IST waiting for a flight in the middle of the night doesnít sounds so bad in comparison...
Thank you - sounds like an experience to look forward to.
LCY8737 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 19, 12:57 am
  #4  
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,169
FRA - CMN is similar... At least you get an ammenity kit with "Business Class" written on it. And there is only one pillow.
Nick Art is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 19, 3:08 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 2,818
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post

LH is a business and class is nowhere in sight.
Fabulous
lhrpete likes this.
chris63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 19, 3:09 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 2,818
Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post


Thank you - sounds like an experience to look forward to.
Good luck ! Do let us know if you survive it ?
chris63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 19, 7:03 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: JAX
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 4,017
Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post
Has anybody been on this flight and can shed some light on what the experience is like?


LCY8737, chris63 and MichielR like this.
TomMM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 19, 4:58 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Posts: 2,165
Originally Posted by TomMM View Post
But that is la Pucci and her sister!
orbitmic likes this.
LCY8737 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 19, 6:11 am
  #9  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 14,747
Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post


But that is la Pucci and her sister!
Did she or I grant you permission to put that picture on the Internet? People will think that I work for Some Tacky Low-Grade bottom-Of-the- heap East European carrier as opposed ti the one that I did use to work for. As, for my sister (Rich Bltch) she could probably buy the airline.

Tyrolean, chris63 and orbitmic like this.
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 19, 8:59 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: WAW/BHX
Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,495
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post


Yes, it is the regular A320 and the business class experience is exactly what you expect: LH is a business and class is nowhere in sight. So you will have not 2 but 4 hours in the NEK seat! With a pillow or two and a middle-of-the-night arrival.

Same for EVN and GYD, the Caucasus have drawn LH-groupís short straw. Spending 3 hours in IST waiting for a flight in the middle of the night doesnít sounds so bad in comparison...
And this applies for LO also - one reason I haven't made it to EVN yet is the terrible arrival time (and departure time of the return leg).
yurtripper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 19, 9:15 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: JAX
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 4,017
I’ll be visiting TBS later in the year and will probably fly through KBP on Ukraine International Airlines.
TomMM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 19, 10:37 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 2,818
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post


Did she or I grant you permission to put that picture on the Internet? People will think that I work for Some Tacky Low-Grade bottom-Of-the- heap East European carrier as opposed ti the one that I did use to work for. As, for my sister (Rich Bltch) she could probably buy the airline.

Welcome to the LH forum !

No one will successfully impersonate you here
chris63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 19, 11:27 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,586
Originally Posted by yurtripper View Post
And this applies for LO also - one reason I haven't made it to EVN yet is the terrible arrival time (and departure time of the return leg).
I did the overnight LCA earlier this year. There were blankets and pillows on all seats (E95) and the cabin was dimmed after take-off. Most pax slept and it wasn't too bad. Of course, the cabin comfort on her Embraer is better than NEK.
hugolover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 19, 4:42 am
  #14  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 14,747
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post


Welcome to the LH forum !

No one will successfully impersonate you here
Bless you Sweetheart. I feel a bit of a fraud as Iíve not flown LH in years, but maybe you May inspire me!
Tyrolean likes this.
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 19, 4:49 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 2,818
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post


Bless you Sweetheart. I feel a bit of a fraud as Iíve not flown LH in years, but maybe you May inspire me!
LH isnít everyoneís cup of Tea but being so far from LON & after BA retreated there, what can one do & LH does have some enticing fares Ex UK
chris63 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread