Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by Vixit
- who signs the HON letters then, an EVP Marketing, or perhaps Spohr himself? Not that I think anyone cares about that nuance at this stage...
Nope.
Markus Binkert Senior Vice President Marketing
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
No email as HON, I would be ok if they instruct us to take vast amounts of food & drink from the FCL’s, bring an empty picnic hamper next time & fill it
Would take a few bottles of Louise from the MUC FCL for an inflight party.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Vixit
Also received it now, as well as my daughters who are FTL. Indeed a mention in SEN letter to eat in lounge, not mentioned in FTL letter.
Maybe because FTLs can only use LH lounges, but no other *A and contract lounges? I.e. often are out of luck at outstations.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
LH506/09JUL in C not affected.
LH1401/09JUL in Y - only pretzels handed over at aircraft door + limited beverages (no alcohol, no tea/coffee).

Last edited by NightFly; Jul 10, 2019 at 3:04 am
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Received a response from HON CS to my complaint regarding two intra EU J flights without adequate catering & i’m Entirely satisfied with the response, my most recent flights were via MUC & were catered as usual.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Received a response from HON CS to my complaint regarding two intra EU J flights without adequate catering & i’m Entirely satisfied with the response, my most recent flights were via MUC & were catered as usual.
How long did it take? I wrote my complaint 3 days ago but haven't heard back yet, though I'm just a lowly SEN.

Last edited by BlueNordicSky; Jul 12, 2019 at 8:36 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
How long did it take? I wrote my complaint 3 days ago but haven't heard back yet, though I'm just a lowly SEN.
A week, which is very slow for a HON’s complaint IME but good response when it finally came which is more important
N1003U likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium

A week, which is very slow for a HON’s complaint IME but good response when it finally came which is more important
That sounds really slow indeed, they probably are flooded with complaints. I guess they will take 2-3 weeks for me. I hope the response will be as satisfying as yours.
N1003U likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The updated message on LH.com stating the issues are related to a shortage of staff read like they’re off sick! Not like they’re on strike and loathe the company...
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
The updated message on LH.com stating the issues are related to a shortage of staff read like they’re off sick! Not like they’re on strike and loathe the company...
Officially they are not on strike, as it would be illegal to go on strike for the demands they have ...
chris63, hugolover and N1003U like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:36 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems Lufthansa is also not allowed to say they are striking either. Weird legal situation.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems Lufthansa is also not allowed to say they are striking either. Weird legal situation.
Which is correct, they are off ‘sick’ & working to rules with a vengeance
N1003U likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Indeed, the for sale sign at SkyChefs has caused a mysterious illness which was highly contagious 😷

& they are working diligently to apply health safety issues in the catering industry ^

How very dare anyone suggests they loathe the company ?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
We bought intra-Europe C tickets, and one of the primary reasons was proper catering. What are Lufthansa giving as compensation? Clearly they are not delivering what has been promised here: https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/business-class-on-short-and-medium-haul

"

Fine dining

Even on short and medium-haul routes, in Lufthansa Business Class you can expect a full meal which will be served on high-quality china."
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems they are giving 10kmiles and/or100-250€ cash per complaint.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.