Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Vixit
I reckon it won’t be long until intercontinental flights out of Germany will face the same actions
I have the same fear & i’m On one tomorrow
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
The list of ingredients is as long as the Chinese wall. Identify what helps to multiply shelf life.
Exactly, you would need an Honours Degree in Dietetics & Chemistry to understand the labelling
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:05 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Remember the time when bmi operated FRA-MAN flights for LH? They served much nicer food on board including this. The photos were taken on 11 December 2011.
Attached Images   
chris63, Dover2Golf and Nick Art like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:06 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by chris63

Exactly, you would need an Honours Degree in Dietetics & Chemistry to understand the labelling
Would anybody mind uploading a photo of the ingredients list? I'm actually quite curious now!
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Remember the time when bmi operated FRA-MAN flights for LH? They served much nicer food on board including this. The photos were taken on 11 December 2011.
Those were the good old days !

Never did it in Y but the J catering was much better than LH !!!!
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:17 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by chris63

Those were the good old days !

Never did it in Y but the J catering was much better than LH !!!!
I wish BMI would have never been sold. Just imagine the A321 with real J seats flying some midhaul routes... Would have been a great *A option.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Is this better? This was on a bmi regional flight on 31 January 2011.
Attached Images  
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Would anybody mind uploading a photo of the ingredients list? I'm actually quite curious now!
These are from 2013 but you get the idea.
Attached Images   
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this better? This was on a bmi regional flight on 31 January 2011.
Yes 😊

Less scary, those are just nibbles.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I wish BMI would have never been sold. Just imagine the A321 with real J seats flying some midhaul routes... Would have been a great *A option.
Same here, it was a Black day, they are sorely missed.

Never real J seats on the FRA-MAN they operated for LH but better than NEK & the catering was a massive step up, hot main course & a choice from 2 plus half decent Wine not the c—p LH served ....... oh wait... Currently LH aren’t even loading any
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:57 am

Someone reported receiving 10,000 miles for two Business class flights within Germany without food.
behuman and chris63 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Someone reported receiving 10,000 miles for two Business class flights within Germany without food.
More like what’s necessary for Intra DE compensation

I really think how LH are handling this is scandalous, not informing pax in advance, FE at checkin & doing absolutely nothing to improvise or resolve the issue.

Just on my FRA-MAN flight last night, 15 pax in J, no compensation offered, I saw nobody accept the offered sandwich , so LH are actually saving money with this debacle , shameful & fraudulent
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:41 pm

Very well said and entirely agreed, chris63. One can surely put up with a sudden strike (be it from the catering supplier, the handler at an outstation, the toilet cleaners and you name it), but this is getting borderline farcical now and there doesn’t seem to be any effort from the airline to come up even with a ‘draft’ of plan B. Business as usual hey?

G
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
One can surely put up with a sudden strike (be it from the catering supplier, the handler at an outstation, the toilet cleaners and you name it), but this is getting borderline farcical now and there doesn’t seem to be any effort from the airline to come up even with a ‘draft’ of plan B. Business as usual hey?

G
Indeed & talking to the Pursers on my affected flights, they were simply told to say the caterers were the problem, that’s going to go down very nicely at LSG ........ Lufthansa, the 5* airline at employee relations
Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
2k miles is a (bad) joke, considering that a "full meal" is an advertised part of the J service.
2k miles seems like a great deal. To me, short-haul C catering is worth like EUR 10.

---

Also, my FRA-XXX shorthaul outbound on Tueday (July 2) in eco had the usual F&B except for hot drinks. My XXX-FRA inbound today had nothing but still water and cereal bars. I was in row 9 and I could see C getting nothing but still water and cereal bars, either (they didn't bother to close the curtain).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.