Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye LSG? [divestiture of Skychef & associated catering go-slow/strike activities]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kleffen
Is there any news on the LH catering scandal?
still no warsteiner or food alternatives?
FRA-KEF today without business catering...absolutely disgusting chicken or pasta on a 3:20h flight. And to top things FRA let the plane leave with only about 10% of luggage, just had to spend a fortune on warm clothes....5 Stars? Keep dreaming LH!
lhrpete, chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by verve
FRA-KEF today without business catering...absolutely disgusting chicken or pasta on a 3:20h flight. And to top things FRA let the plane leave with only about 10% of luggage, just had to spend a fortune on warm clothes....5 Stars? Keep dreaming LH!
Make sure to ask for reimbursement.

Also, I have seen the cookie, but then that was on a domestic flight. I'd actually have welcomed a lack of catering, maybe some euros or miles to get out of LH...
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The missing luggage was because of a sorting plant breakdown, the catering is probably back to a reduced program because school vacations started in Hesssen last weekend, so they are stretched for staff again.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LSG alive and well at ORD:

Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by TomMM
LSG alive and well at ORD:

Is that where the Nuclear sandwiches have ended up ?

Has anyone dared tell Donald ?
Kleffen likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

It seems the union met with the LH board and the potential take over candidates to make their demands clear. More meetings are planned on OCtober 15 and 29, with townhall meetings on the 30th.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:30 am

Someboady sued LH for not providing food in business on a BCN-FRA flight (s/he was served manner and a cola). The court advised parties to settle for 200€:

Source: kexbox@VFT
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I guess the question is what's easier? Filing a claim or filling out the feedback form. Genuinely not sure.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sophialite
I guess the question is what's easier? Filing a claim or filling out the feedback form. Genuinely not sure.
Just an email to your HON PA ought to do it for you
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Someboady sued LH for not providing food in business on a BCN-FRA flight (s/he was served manner and a cola). The court advised parties to settle for 200€:

Source: kexbox@VFT
It’s really bad business practice that LH don’t proactively compensate when they fail to provide catering in J as promised, BA did with their past catering debacles
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: some
My wife and I just got 5000 miles each as severance for the lemon chicken. I’m OK with that - 200€ in my view is insane as a comp! Who would pay for LH C because of LH catering - they are the only airline in Europe not even offering Champage in C....
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A tasty treat served while boarding.

Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
sandwiches on LH European routes in economy?

A quick question about snacks/meals in economy class on European flights operated by Lufthansa: Are the sandwiches gone now?
I haven't travelled with LH a lot this year, so things might have changed.

Earlier today (29 Oct) I flew from Seville to Frankfurt on LH1141 and the service was rather unusual.

Just after taking off, we got tiny bags of mini-crackers (15 grams each!). Half an hour later drinks were served (standard choice of coffee/tea, soft drinks, wine) After another hour, the purser starting handing out larger cereal bars with chocolate coating. I think she ran out of them before getting to the front of the plane, so she gave people at the front of the plane some more mini-crackers.

It all seems a bit absurd, esp. as it is a relatively long flight (2h 55 min), at lunchtime, and you can't buy any food on board.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by verve
My wife and I just got 5000 miles each as severance for the lemon chicken. I’m OK with that - 200€ in my view is insane as a comp! Who would pay for LH C because of LH catering - they are the only airline in Europe not even offering Champage in C....
With how much LH wants for Business vs. Coach on some routes I don't think 200 Euros is insane at all. Especially as if you're already *G there aren't many more benefits besides that meal.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:52 pm

Complain. You were probably a victim of the LSG catering SNAFU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.