LO: Have a J and Y seat on same plane under same name. Possible??

Old Mar 22, 19, 1:28 am
Original Poster

LO: Have a J and Y seat on same plane under same name. Possible??

I booked long ago a cash ticket in economy on the KRK-WAW-YYZ LO flight, and now the WAW-YYZ portion opened up for mileage in business, so I'm planning on booking that leg with miles. Will I have an issue to have the same passenger name on the long haul flight (WAW-YYZ) in 2 different cabins?

I'm planing to fly the KRK-WAW flight on my original ticket and then use the award ticket for the WAW-YYZ flight.

Beat course of action to not mess things up?
Old Mar 22, 19, 2:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Call LO and explain them your predicament. You can probably use the miles to either buy the entire ticket in business or just upgrade the original ticket. Duplicate bookings are instantly caught and one of the bookings cancelled.
Old Mar 22, 19, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Call LO and explain them your predicament. You can probably use the miles to either buy the entire ticket in business or just upgrade the original ticket. Duplicate bookings are instantly caught and one of the bookings cancelled.
Thanks! The first leg is COMPLETELY sold out, so that's not an option. The mileage award is bought through UA. Would adding a suffix work?
Old Mar 22, 19, 2:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nope. The system runs a so called 'dupe check' and would mark both bookings to be duplicate asking each office that issued the ticket to contact the customer and resolve it within xx hours or else LO will unilaterally cancel one of the bookings to protect their revenue. You will run the risk of losing your KRK-WAW ticket too... also United is not known to be very proactive or understanding of such situations, the notification from LO will probably end up in a black hole.
Old Mar 22, 19, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: