Wiki Posts
Search

Volunteer offload d/t overbooking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Volunteer offload d/t overbooking

My flight today is -11 and with ADJ is still oversold. I don’t mind to volunteer to offload. Is it just a simple to get listed on Altea in the lounge?

As it would be an overnight delay, I’d get the hotel and beans from LH right? (If they need me)
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I guess better option would be to try at check in counter, if you're not just transferring.

If there is a forced overnight, you'd get hotel and all that, but they might prefer to reroute you on a same day as it would of course save them the expense.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Inquire at check-in, lounge, transfer desk and gate. Most likely you will be told that this is decided at the gate only.

Yes, LH will provide hotel and meal if you can't be rerouted same day.

Last edited by SK AAR; Mar 15, 2019 at 2:58 am Reason: Can replaced by can't
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So what happened in the end?
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

More than 20 misconnects...flight went out with empty middle on Exit, that I was able to move into due to those m/c.

Helga brought us into Z, which meant I was quite happy and used the empty Z SEN lounge before heading down to A. Regretted instantly giving myself too much time because it was an absolute zoo!

No Santa Teresa rum in Z or A only B and MUC.

I feel like there's a dragon to up to Z is that to stop pax from using that lounge? With no security either way, I might do that if I have time before an A departure and it's feasible.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
But with your BP and a Schengen flight departing from A you will be allowed to enter Z ? - and you have to pass immigration to get to Z SEN lounge?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's my query. I'm trying to recall if there are staffers stopping you from getting to Z, but I am wondering if this is actually just prior to the gates. The lounge staff will not stop you as I entered when I arrived onto Z, departing from A.

There is perhaps nothing stopping you from going upstairs to Z.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.