Flynet data limits?!

Old Mar 21, 19, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by freelance9 View Post
Thanks for this! I went on both web sites and they do not mention the option to use these passes on in-flight wifi. Have you done this?
I had an account a while back and it worked great. Not just on the plane but also on lots of other hotspots
Old Mar 21, 19, 9:44 pm

Service has deteriorated over the last few years. It's a real shame. I think that this is detailed in the master thread on Flynet.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 22, 19, 3:38 am

Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by NYC1 View Post
Service has deteriorated over the last few years. It's a real shame. I think that this is detailed in the master thread on Flynet.
Maybe usage has increased so much that the existing bandwidth is maxed out on many occasions.
Old Mar 22, 19, 4:25 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Originally Posted by cas_de View Post
Maybe usage has increased so much that the existing bandwidth is maxed out on many occasions.
Probably. Tried to use the voucher on an evening departure recently and for the first 2-3 hours the connection was so painfully slow that it was practicably unusable. A few hours later in the middle of the night, when most people were asleep, it was still not great, but noticeably better.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 19, 7:31 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Telekom now allows you to purchase the code in advance: https://ongroundshop.telekom.de/LhFl...erkont/#/start.
For those who are on PPB a voucher valid for 24hours after login (even on two different flights) can be purchased for 1.750 points.

However I agree with other here, the bandwith is extremely low, even with switching off all E.T. and cloud services. But I'm concerned most people don't know about their device and the tendency to phone home and synchronize again and again... and ... again ...
chris63 likes this.