Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

VERY tight FRA connection, need advice/help with options/right if missed connection

VERY tight FRA connection, need advice/help with options/right if missed connection

Old Mar 20, 19, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Originally Posted by Soph View Post
Hmmm... what would the general opinion on this subject be? To book the LH guide service or not?

The thing that worries me the most is knowing its most certainly a bus gate. If not I would probably play it cool and just sprint for it kids in tow.
Does anyone know if arriving at a bus gate the transfer guide meets you at the tarmac or when arriving airside in terminal?
You will be met at the stand. I've had it a number of times.
Old Mar 20, 19, 3:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
You will be met at the stand. I've had it a number of times.
That's impressive since according to LH.com the Guide Service meeting points include the arrival gate but not a remote stand.

To the OP, the Guide Service does not guarantee anything. If the incoming flight is very late and you miss your connection the agent will hopefully take you to the appropriate service desk where they will arrange hotel accommodation and rebook you on the next available flights to SIN and DPS. I only misconnected in FRA once and finding the service desk where I could get things sorted out late at night wasn't straightforward.

If you book the Guide Service and your incoming flight is on time or only slightly delayed you know you will be taken through the quickest route to your departure gate. Only you can decide if it's worth paying 75.
Old Mar 20, 19, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

All I can say in the two times I’ve used it they came to the remote stand with a minibus. One was a LHR inbound to an AUH flight, the other was either TXL or MUC on to MIA.
Old Mar 21, 19, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold (EuroBonus)
May I ask how you managed to book it? called LH today and operator seemed a bit confused, put me on hold to speak to Supervisor/manager and then returned to the phone sayin I should book via manage my bookings but cant find it there.
Old Mar 21, 19, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

I honestly don't remember even if I booked it online (and the website layout has changed since then) or called in. I think you're best off calling the service centre.
Old Mar 21, 19, 8:12 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by Soph View Post
May I ask how you managed to book it? called LH today and operator seemed a bit confused, put me on hold to speak to Supervisor/manager and then returned to the phone sayin I should book via manage my bookings but cant find it there.
Which number did you call? I suggest you call a number in Germany during the day.

Booking and prices
These fee-based services are available to Lufthansa passengers only and can be booked very easily through the Lufthansa sales office or by calling the Lufthansa Service Centre.
https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lufthansa-guide-service