Search

Bought PE through UA.com, but cabin is full

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Bought PE through UA.com, but cabin is full

I just bought, as part of a series of flights, six seats in PE (R class) on the LH flight from MUC to ORD in mid-April. When I went to LH.com to select seats, all but one in the cabin have been allocated. EF results show the same, and with R0 (perhaps not surprising). I know full well the information content of a seat map this far out, but with the small size of the PE cabin, I'm a bit concerned. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:32 am

No worries, the cabin will free up through rebookings, upgrades, place my bid etc..
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
if not, LH has to refund 75% of the full fare for MUC-ORD based on the great circle distance.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by warakorn
if not, LH has to refund 75% of the full fare for MUC-ORD based on the great circle distance.
Or op-up, depending on how full Y and J are.
chris63 and AceReport like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
LH probably blocks some seats.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree - some seats are blocked and will become available at check-in. No reason for dreaming about upgrade or refund for downgrade.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, the EC261 was clear to me, my concern was that only one seat was open and all classes are 0 after my purchase of six seats, wondering what it was before.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Yes, the EC261 was clear to me, my concern was that only one seat was open and all classes are 0 after my purchase of six seats, wondering what it was before.
If LH have screwed up, which is unlikely, they will have to pay, one way or another, OP up or compensation but do let us know the outcome ?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Milage Plus 1K 1.3MM, Marriot LT Platinum
Moin!

As long as there is space in business don't worry. LH and UA seem to oversell the PE cabin and if needed op up people to the business cabin. Most of the time it evens out by people using miles or certs to upgrade to business. I had good success with this (not so much with the op ups when I didn't put in a cert).

So long
-Ralf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.