LOT flight operated by Air Belgium A340/A339

Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:24 am

Blue1 held the IATA code KF before they went under, it was send assigned to Air Belgium. I guess some systems still use cached data and therefore show the wrong operating airline.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy
Blue1 held the IATA code KF before they went under, it was send assigned to Air Belgium. I guess some systems still use cached data and therefore show the wrong operating airline.
Its funny UA uses OY and not KF, was OY Air Belgiums code? could be a 3rd party is leasing the aircraft from AirBelgium and then leasing it to LO, or has AirBelgium taken over the Blue1 name or vice versa.

Not that it matters much as long as its basically what was an AirBelgium plane, in the end LO is responsible (which may not be an ideal thing either)
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Has anyone flown this bird in Y? how was the leg room ? know the inches?

awaiting confirmation of my travels and already the date I wanted (not on this bird) is gone as is the back up, so it now means going 1 day early, no big deal. But if Biz is N/A when I go to book and no other Saver available then I might jump at Y if its OK
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:23 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Time to merge this thread with https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...gium-a340.html ?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by craz
Has anyone flown this bird in Y? how was the leg room ? know the inches?

awaiting confirmation of my travels and already the date I wanted (not on this bird) is gone as is the back up, so it now means going 1 day early, no big deal. But if Biz is N/A when I go to book and no other Saver available then I might jump at Y if its OK
As you're a *G, it's highly possible that you would be op-upgraded at the gate. In a general LOT flight operated by Air Belgium, only %25-50 of Business Class would be sold so the upgrade chances are pretty high.

I have even seen *S and full fare Y and B passengers ( without status ) being upgraded at the gate.

Sorry that I can't answer your first question as I haven't flown on KF Y.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As you're a *G, it's highly possible that you would be op-upgraded at the gate. In a general LOT flight operated by Air Belgium, only %25-50 of Business Class would be sold so the upgrade chances are pretty high.

I have even seen *S and full fare Y and B passengers ( without status ) being upgraded at the gate.

Sorry that I can't answer your first question as I haven't flown on KF Y.
yep Im a *G but with UA and its a UA Saver Award tkt so I highly doubt any UpOp will be extended. although it has happened on LX twice this past year but I was on UA rev tkts

I have no problems flying in UA E+, but reg Y with the way they are packing them in less leg room and narrower width to the seat. Its worth the extra miles to know no worries
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
yep Im a *G but with UA and its a UA Saver Award tkt so I highly doubt any UpOp will be extended. although it has happened on LX twice this past year but I was on UA rev tkts

I have no problems flying in UA E+, but reg Y with the way they are packing them in less leg room and narrower width to the seat. Its worth the extra miles to know no worries
Forget to add that extra legroom seats ( bulkhead or emergency exit row ) are free for all *G members on LOT after booking. However, sometimes it could not be booked online so a short call to the hotline would reserve these seats.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LO asked the DOT to extend the wetlease permit till end of the year. The JFK route will be operated by KF till December 24: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=DOT-OST-2017-0044
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: BA OWS, A3*G
Its funny UA uses OY and not KF, was OY Air Belgiums code? could be a 3rd party is leasing the aircraft from AirBelgium and then leasing it to LO, or has AirBelgium taken over the Blue1 name or vice versa.
Blue1 used the KF IATA designator which Air Belgium now uses. However, Blue1 was a Finnish company, and "OY" or "Oy" is a Finnish abbreviation for "Limited Company" like LLC or Ltd.

OY IATA designator is actually used by Omni Air International, a US wetleasing company that was recently involved in the Thomas Cook repatriations and operated some flights for Air Canada after 737MAX were grounded, but that's completely unrelated.
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:38 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Can anyone tell me how to find out if the WAW-JFK flights are still wet-leased Air Belgium planes? If they are, how long will they be continuing with this wet lease? Not too keen on the Air Belgium planes, but do like the LCA-WAW-JFK and return business class prices.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The current wetlease permit runs out Dec 24. Page 11 on the DOT filings: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=DOT-OST-2017-0044
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, Dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The current wetlease permit runs out Dec 24. Page 11 on the DOT filings: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=DOT-OST-2017-0044
They're going to be in trouble then -- it's Air Belgium operated on Sunday the 30th.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:33 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by InIndiana
They're going to be in trouble then -- it's Air Belgium operated on Sunday the 30th.
I think it will be like that till mid-2021 - Rolls-Royce confirmed Trent issues will not be fixed before mid-2021.

Link: https://www.flightglobal.com/program...135204.article

The whole situation with Trent and MAX'es is really a major headache for LO... Until both issues are cleared you may expect a wet-leased aircraft operating any flight at any time (maybe with the exception of long-hauls to ICN/PEK/SIN/DEL - perhaps because of the bilateral regulations?).
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Air Belgium wet lease extended "at least until October".
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by marcoos
Air Belgium wet lease extended "at least until October".
I can confirm that my JFK-WAW on 04/19 was switched from a 787-9 to the a340-300. I booked Premium Economy but now I have a business seat.
TPJ and Maria Magdalena like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.