BRU: Int'l to Int'l connection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
BRU: Int'l to Int'l connection

Hi guys,

Just a quick question:
I generally try to avoid connections shorter than 90 minutes to account for delays and such. HOWEVER, in this case, I'm kind of forced to book myself in Y from YUL to TLV via BRU.
The connection time in BRU would be 55 minutes.

The pattern would be arrive in BRU on AC, then connect to SN for the next leg to TLV.

Think I'll be ok?

I'm honestly not that concerned about missing the flight, worst case I spend a day in Brussels or whatever. Just trying to manage expectations.

Cheers,
-rafi2k6
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Seems rather tight to me. If I remember correctly, you will have to go through security in BRU and depending on time of the day that can be crowded. Question is whether there is a later flight to TLV that you can take if you miss the scheduled one....
rafi2k6 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Some user experiences from the UA forum https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ges-bru-4.html
rafi2k6 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:27 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
I have been going through BRU (NA to Africa) twice every quarter for the past 9 years so I may be able to add 2 cents.
Since you are coming from NA, I assume you are "sterile." If so, you should be able to avoid going through the security and you can just go up to the departure level via slope of the arrival gate.
Since you are arriving at Terminal B (around the middle of the pier) and TLV flight will leave from the same Terminal B (I think it is also middle of the pier), you should be able to get to the departure gate within 5 min of arriving at the gate.
Unlike El Al flights, I do not think you need to go through extra security check for the flight to TLV. So, I think it is quite reasonable to transit within 55 min, provided that the flight to BRU will not be delayed.
rafi2k6 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Thank you for the feedback guys!

I think I'll be fine, true it would be an inconvenience if I miss the connection but as I mentioned I'm not overly concerned about that.
I know that SN has at least 2 flights a day to TLV, and then there is always the plethora of other airlines to potentially get rebooked with.

I'll book the flight and see what happens.

Thanks again guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.