FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH first Class Buyups (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1958488-lh-first-class-buyups.html)

JerseyCityS Feb 27, 2019 8:00 pm

LH first Class Buyups

Flying J class EWR FRA in a week. Have only flown LH one or two times. Do they offer buy ups to F at check=in? I'd go up to $1000. Any experience?

UAPremExecflyer Feb 27, 2019 10:27 pm

Try doing a search "cash upgrade" or similar = https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...z-pvg-del.html

cfischer Feb 27, 2019 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS (Post 30829685)
Flying J class EWR FRA in a week. Have only flown LH one or two times. Do they offer buy ups to F at check=in? I'd go up to $1000. Any experience?

Honestly, just try getting your hands on a UA GPU to upgrade, assuming you have an eligible fare class ... or a LH UG cert.

chris63 Feb 28, 2019 1:02 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 30830103)
Honestly, just try getting your hands on a UA GPU to upgrade, assuming you have an eligible fare class ... or a LH UG cert.

Yes, it’s a short flight & shouldn’t be too difficult obtaining a UA GPU.

gpicur Mar 7, 2019 12:09 pm

FYI: GPU's for J & C only

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 30830381)

UA Changed the rules on what Fares are eligible for GPU Upgrade. As of 1/1/19 the only Business Class Fares eligible for GPU upgrade are "J" and "D" and the flight number has to begin with "LH" and be on "LH" Metal.
This changed from last year when I used 2 GPUs to upgrade "P" Fares to "F". Sadly it appears those days are long gone.

Yes, it’s a short flight & shouldn’t be too difficult obtaining a UA GPU.

MultiFlyer Mar 8, 2019 5:09 am

Hm, the United webpage still shows " The following Lufthansa fare classes are eligible for Global Premier Upgrades: B, C, D, E, G, H, J, M, Q, U "
From where is the info that C is no longer eligible for upgrade with GPU?

cas_de Mar 8, 2019 6:18 am

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer (Post 30861799)
Hm, the United webpage still shows " The following Lufthansa fare classes are eligible for Global Premier Upgrades: B, C, D, E, G, H, J, M, Q, U "

plus Y. I reckon it was a copy & paste error.

chris63 Mar 8, 2019 7:27 am

Not correct IMO , your source ?

Response to # 5, quote is not loading

cas_de Mar 8, 2019 7:30 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 30862156)

Not correct IMO , your source ?

Response to # 5, quote is not loading

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...-upgrades.html

Global Premier Upgrades on Lufthansa-operated flights are valid for one-segment, one-cabin upgrades on any multi-cabin international flight operated by Lufthansa. You may request Global Premier Upgrades as early as time of ticketing in order to upgrade from Lufthansa Economy or Business Class to the next higher cabin. Upgrades are subject to availability and valid for paid, published fares only. The following Lufthansa fare classes are eligible for Global Premier Upgrades: B, C, D, E, G, H, J, M, Q, U and Y. U.S. government fares are also not eligible for electronic Global Premier Upgrades on Lufthansa-operated flights. Please see the terms and conditions below for specific eligibility rules.

chris63 Mar 8, 2019 8:50 am

Originally Posted by cas_de (Post 30862163)

Exactly in post 5 , poster was claiming J & C only

gpicur Mar 8, 2019 8:56 am

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer (Post 30861799)

My Bad. You are correct, Full Fare Business Class (a/k/a "C" Class) remains upgradeable using GPUs. The main thrust of my post was that the discounted Business Class Fares, namely P and Z are no longer upgradeable using GPUs. I would venture that the difference between a typical TATL C Fare and discounted First (A) is ten percent or less.

cfischer Mar 8, 2019 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by gpicur (Post 30862452)
My Bad. You are correct, Full Fare Business Class (a/k/a "C" Class) remains upgradeable using GPUs. The main thrust of my post was that the discounted Business Class Fares, namely P and Z are no longer upgradeable using GPUs. I would venture that the difference between a typical TATL C Fare and discounted First (A) is ten percent or less.

full fare is J class ;)

also, the OP said it was a J ticket.

what you are making up re typical C —> A difference is quite hilarious.

schlang Mar 11, 2019 11:19 am

don’t bother with F on that 7 hour flight when already in J