Disgraceful Experience on Eurowings [trying to film crew & pax]

Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:24 am

And not only that, after being told NOT to film, you disregarded the rules and did in fact continue to film. You were lucky it was not my flight you were on, airport police would have been waiting for you to discuss your inability to follow crewmember instructions....
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
While it's private property and that's their aircraft where you can make whatever stupid rules you want, you have NO expectation of privacy in public. Even though this is private property it is still public, and while the owner can tell you you can't film you shouldn't expect any privacy nor do you have the right to it unless you are inside the lavatory.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by DCP2016
While it's private property and that's their aircraft where you can make whatever stupid rules you want, you have NO expectation of privacy in public. Even though this is private property it is still public, and while the owner can tell you you can't film you shouldn't expect any privacy nor do you have the right to it unless you are inside the lavatory.
I am unsure as to how you can make a blanket statement such as this. There are a lot of nations and laws in this world. Beyond that, the term "privacy" has a substantially different meaning depending on the circumstance. What may be perfectly permissible by a government or the carrier itself is not permissible by random individuals who are, at least in this case, apparently filming for commercial purposes, e.g. online video ads.
MSPeconomist and fpmurphy like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Good for the Purser say I. I find all this Look at my Trip Report tedious and intrusive. I find nothing disgraceful about what she said, and youre only miffed as you didnt get your way. Frankly, these so called reports all seem to be about the person doing them and their degree of self importance. Sorry, no sympathy from me.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: UA
I have avoided taking any itinerary that has a Eurowings flight.

i am now reconsidering this strategy as there is at least one purser that respects privacy.

This is not about holiday video taping the city scape and catching random people in the scene and the video is for personal use.

This situation was videotaping for what seems to be commercial purposes YouTube with all the like my channels and subscribe text.

I can understand why management ignored the 5 complaints and the social media team. To them it is obvious that the complaint is without merit.

This week I will be buying a ticket and be a premium paying passenger granted it will be JFK to FRA in J maybe I will tweet some appreciative words about pursers respecting privacy.
flyingfkb, marcoos and nancypants like this.

Last edited by arttravel; Feb 26, 2019 at 10:45 am Reason: Typos
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by arttravel
I have avoided taking any itinerary that has a Eurowings flight.

i am now reconsidering this strategy as there is at least one purser that respects privacy.

This is not about holiday video taping the city scape and catching random people in the scene and the video is for personal use.

This situation was videotaping for what seems to be commercial purposes YouTube with all the like my channels and subscribe text.

I can understand why management ignored the 5 complaints and the social media team. To them it is obvious that the complaint is without merit.

This week I will be buying a ticket and be a premium paying passenger granted it will be JFK to FRA in J maybe I will tweet some appreciative words about pursers respecting privacy.
The virtue signaling is strong with this post.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:38 pm
Suspended

To those who are against filming on an aircraft, it would be one thing if the FA asked the OP nicely to stop filming and he rudely replied back & continued to do so, it's another in this situation. Maybe it's just the usual German hospitality but it sounds like the FA rudely told OP to stop instead of a simple "Sir, we unfortunately do not allow video recording on the aircraft" or "Unfortunately it's our policy to not allow video recording, we apologize".
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:51 pm

To those who are against filming on an aircraft, it would be one thing if the FA asked the OP nicely to stop filming and he rudely replied back & continued to do so, it's another in this situation. .
But if you listen to the video, at 1:30 the FA does politely request to stop filming, explaining that it's not allowed to film. It's not recorded what happened after that.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I now understand why people consider younger generations entitled...
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA
The virtue signaling is strong with this post.
Not really virtue signaling -- it was sarcasm from someone that does not think that a purser telling someone not to video for their travel blog is "disgraceful" behavior, and does not think that the social media department of deserves derision for not answering tweets about the so called "disgraceful" behavior.
trooper and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:12 pm

While that may be the case in the USA, it is not the case in many other jurisdictions.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:22 pm

It is private property, you have no right to video and the purser’s choice of words was fine. You paid to travel from point A to point B and you did. Your ticket,no matter what the class didn’t include filming rights. ( unless there is fine print I’ve never seen)

BTW, American Courts have upheld that shopping malls, although open to the public ARE PRIVATE and mall owners can allow and disallow actions. I,e, solicitations and religious outreach etc. The only thing they can’t do is keep out an individual based on their background. While not a lawyer, I don’t see a big difference in planes. Private but open to the public.,
marcoos likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by croberts134
I now understand why people consider younger generations entitled...
Nailed it!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Maybe it's just the usual German hospitality but it sounds like the FA rudely told OP to stop instead of a simple "Sir, we unfortunately do not allow video recording on the aircraft" or "Unfortunately it's our policy to not allow video recording, we apologize".
Maybe it’s just that you have no idea what you are talking about and that you are full of prejudice.

The FA started the conversation extremely politely by (in German, as it was a domestic flight) "es tut mit leid ..." roughly translated as "'I’m sorry, ..." and then explains that the policies of EW do not allow filming. Textbook example of how it should be done.

Nothing wrong with hospitality, but the attitude of the OP!

Last edited by worldclubber; Feb 27, 2019 at 5:25 am Reason: punctuation marks entered on mobile device had disappeared
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Heathrow Flyer
There is something called politeness and Customer service both of them are clearly non-existent. Regarding Customer service: Ive heard many people complain about the same thing, its pathetic!
Theres nothing wrong with politeness here, you obviously just failed to understand, as explained in my last post.

And for me its customer service that the crew protects us from wanna-be vlog-stars like you, who missed privacy protection 101.
chris63 and marcoos like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.